Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20888 Discussions

From 4826 to 4887 Random colored bars appear and then a black screen freezes with no signal output.

Jamas94
New Contributor I

When using Chrome to watch online videos normally, color blocks and flickering suddenly appear on the screen. After a few seconds, there is no signal output from the graphics card, but the background audio is still playing. I can only reboot the system. System Event Viewer shows that the Intel graphics driver stopped responding.

I turned off hardware acceleration in Chrome from the 17th to today, and there is still an upload problem, but I opened Chrome to browse the web, not watch videos, just play games.

The same thing happens with other programs

There is a GSCX64 event
:ID1
Reset the Intel(R) Graphics System Controller Firmware Interface.
Show events
Event ID: 4101
The driver version shown is 31.0.101.4887

The graphics card is ARC A770 16G LE

Does this issue occur after installing Intel ARC A770?

Yes

Did you have any other graphics cards before the Intel ARC A770?

Yes

Can you reproduce the graphics if you leave the system in the BIOS menu for a while?

No

Are you facing flickering issues while watching online videos?

sometimes

I tried DDU with no success. The above problem still occurs.

Random crashes occurred during testing for a month

The following error event occurred today

Communication error

System 

- Provider 

[ Name]  Microsoft-Windows-HAL 
   [ Guid]  {63d1e632-95cc-4443-9312-af927761d52a} 

EventID 15 

Version 0 

Level 2 

Task 0 

Opcode 0 

Keywords 0x8000000000000000 

- TimeCreated 

[ SystemTime]  2023-10-31T02:03:01.6493600Z 

EventRecordID 52640 

Correlation 

- Execution 

[ ProcessID]  0 
   [ ThreadID]  0 

Channel System 

Computer DESKTOP-0KOTANH 

Security 

- EventData 

SourceId 4608 
  FaultInformation 9144061394944 
  FaultReason 6 
  ExtendedData 0 

The opening process of the "WmiApRpl" service in DLL "C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\wmiaprpl.dll" failed with error code "Device not ready". . Performance data for this service will not be available.

- System 

- Provider 

[ Name]  Microsoft-Windows-Perflib 
   [ Guid]  {13b197bd-7cee-4b4e-8dd0-59314ce374ce} 

EventID 1008 

Version 1 

Level 3 

Task 0 

Opcode 0 

Keywords 0x8000000000000000 

- TimeCreated 

[ SystemTime]  2023-10-31T01:58:39.1006301Z 

EventRecordID 51784 

Correlation 

- Execution 

[ ProcessID]  7028 
   [ ThreadID]  6180 

Channel Application 

Computer DESKTOP-0KOTANH 

- Security 

[ UserID]  S-1-5-21-3817197637-3740360339-4182718977-1001 

- EventData 

Service WmiApRpl 
  Library C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\wmiaprpl.dll 
  Win32Error 21 

4 more Intel warning events

Resetting the Intel(R) Graphics System Controller Firmware Interface.

-System

- Provider

[Name] GSCx64

-EventID 1

[Qualifiers] 32775

Version 0

Level 3

Task 0

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated

[SystemTime] 2023-10-31T02:03:07.5101196Z

EventRecordID 52642

Correlation

- Execution

[ProcessID] 4
    [ThreadID] 9596

Channel System

Computer DESKTOP-0KOTANH

Security
-EventData  
  0000000001000000000000000100078000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
-------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------

Binary data:

in words

0000: 00000000 00000001 00000000 80070001
0010: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
0020: 00000000 00000000

in bytes

0000: 00 00 00 00 01 00 00 00.....
0008: 00 00 00 00 01 00 07 80 .......
0010: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00.....
0018: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00.....
0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00.....

0 Kudos
30 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Jamas94,

Thank you for getting back to us in the Intel Communities. We are delighted to assist you further with your concern regarding video signal loss when using Chrome to stream videos online. To provide you with the best possible help and thoroughly investigate this issue, we would like to confirm the following details:

• You mentioned that you tried turning off hardware acceleration, but while you tested, you faced an upload problem. We would like to know if the Random colored and freezing issue appears when you have hardware acceleration disabled.
  • The issue also occurs with other programs. Could you tell us which are the affected programs? Have you tried using a non-chromium browser such as Firefox?
  • We want to ask one more time if you can record a video of the problem using another device, such as a cellphone. This will help us to further investigate this matter, and it would be ideal in case we need to replicate your problem.
  • Finally, there is a new driver version available on our website. So we would like to request you try the new driver 31.0.101.4900, and let us know if the issue remains with the new driver.

Best regards

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jamas94
New Contributor I
  • You mentioned that you tried turning off hardware acceleration, but while you tested, you faced an upload problem. We would like to know if the Random colored and freezing issue appears when you have hardware acceleration disabled.

Yes

• The issue also occurs with other programs. Could you tell us which are the affected programs? Have you tried using a non-chromium browser such as Firefox?

DOTA2   Asterigos - Curse of the Stars 

Other browsers have not been tried,

It is currently random. When signal loss occurs.  You can only force shutdown

• We want to ask one more time if you can record a video of the problem using another device, such as a cellphone. This will help us to further investigate this matter, and it would be ideal in case we need to replicate your problem.

I can't guarantee that I'll be able to capture the video in time because it loses signal so suddenly and quickly, sometimes it's a complete freeze, sometimes it's just sound.

• Finally, there is a new driver version available on our website. So we would like to request you try the new driver 31.0.101.4900, and let us know if the issue remains with the new driver.

OK

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Jamas94,

Thank you for sharing all the information with us. We appreciate it. We will wait for you to test the new driver and let us know as soon as you have an update on this matter. We understand that the issue appears suddenly, and it is hard to capture. The video will be useful in investigating this matter, but it's okay if you can't capture it.

We know that you have already tried running the DDU, but we recommend running it before updating your graphics driver. This will eliminate the residues of your current driver and install the new one freshly. You are familiar with the tool, but if you have any questions, you can take a look at the article "How to Use the Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) to Uninstall an Intel® Graphics Driver."

Finally, you mentioned that the issue is random, but we would like to know if you suspect anything that could be triggering it. Maybe there is a specific time-lapse or a certain action that could be causing the problem. Please let us know if you have noticed anything in this regard.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jamas94
New Contributor I

I updated the driver version 4952, but the original problem still occurs.

Today I exited DOTA2 and then played the UNCHARTED™ Legacy of Thieves Collection game.

After exiting the game desktop standby, when I came back, the standby screen was black and there was no signal output.

The keyboard switched uppercase and lowercase lights.

There is a response, and you can also press the button on the chassis to sleep, standby, and wake up, but there is still no signal output.

Exit DOTA2 event ID 1000
Error module: igd10umt64xe
Error module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\iigd_dch_d.inf_amd64_ef4f08086303fda7\igd10umt64xe.DLL

Monitor driver igfxnd stopped responding and was successfully recovered
Event ID: 4101

Black screen in standby, no signal output,

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Jamas94,

Thank you for the information provided. Since the issue remains after freshly installing the new driver after running the DDU, we will proceed to check all the details you have shared and research this matter internally. We will be posting back as soon as we have more details.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Jamas94,

Thank you for your patience. After looking at this internally, and Based on the report shared on your interaction we recommend the following:

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Jamas94,

We are checking in your thread to know if you have been able to Update Windows to the latest W11 build version and BIOS to the latest version available. Let us know if you require further assistance so we can further research this matter.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jamas94
New Contributor I

I have updated everything, but I still get the error as shown in the picture

Then there will be a black screen with no signal output and system crash.1699849070452.jpg1699849070456.jpg1699849070459.jpg

0 Kudos
Jamas94
New Contributor I

UNCHARTED™ Legacy of Thieves Collection

As shown in the video, there will be random flickering and intermittent black screen. The same is true when returning to the desktop. The system must be restarted.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Jamas94,

Thank you for the information provided. Thank you for your effort to capture the issue in images and videos. This information will help us to further look into this matter; however, before we proceed to look into this matter internally, we would like to recommend you test our latest driver, 31.0.101.4953. Let us know the outcome of the latest driver.

For testing purposes, we also want to confirm if you can try a different monitor or video cable.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jamas94
New Contributor I

The above situation will still occur,I don't have any other cables, but I'm using an AMD Core graphics card with no problems

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Jamas94,

Thank you for the information provided. Based on this information we will proceed to research this matter internally. Let us look into this matter and we will post back as soon as we have more details.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Jamas94

After reviweing this matter internally and the troubleshooting steps we have tested to solve this issue, we would like to recommend you start the warranty process for your graphics card. We see that you have reported having a GUNNIR Intel Arc A770 Photon 16G OC W; therefore, we recommend you contact GUNNIR support to honor the warranty of your product.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jamas94
New Contributor I

No, mine is Intel Limited Edition, Device ID is 8086 56A0-8086 1020

Not from GUNNIR。

Is this a hardware error?

If I just play other games, this kind of splash screen will not be triggered. There is a chance that it will happen, but now when I play Uncharted 4, the splash screen in the video will recur almost every day. The day before yesterday, when I updated the driver version 4953, I could play it but it would also appear. Yesterday, after opening the game cutscene, I could not enter the main menu, the screen would go black, and the program would not respond, and there was a chance that a splash screen would be triggered.

This should be a new situation that occurred after 4887. Originally, color blocks would appear randomly only twice a month, and then the screen would go black with no signal, as described in the previous screenshot.
Today I tried rolling back the driver. The game opens normally and I can play it for hours.

Photo of my graphics card below1700193891205.jpg1700193891209.jpg

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Jamas94,

We see that you have a Limited Edition graphics card. We apologize for the inconvenience of our misunderstanding. We looked at another thread where you joined, and the OP reported having a GUNNIR Arc card. We believed that you were the user reporting to have this model.

Based on the information you shared and the Troubleshooting we performed, it seems that your issue could potentially be a hardware fault. However, as you mentioned, the issue started after driver 4887, and reverting the driver allows you to play the game for hours. We would like you to test the old driver a bit longer, as this issue can take up to days to appear. Let us know if after running the system with the old driver and let us know if you face the issue with the old driver. Nevertheless, we would like to ask you which driver version you reverted. We understand that driver 4887 is the first version to present the issue, so we would like to know if you are testing with driver 4885 or an older version.

Finally, we would like to inform you that since you have a Limited Edition Graphics Card, Intel will honor your product's warranty. However, you need to contact us Internally, as this cannot be processed through the Communities Forum. Here are pages where you can look up contact information, including local/country phone numbers, by geography:

U.S. and Canada: Intel Customer Support

Europe, Middle East, and Africa: Intel Customer Support EMEA 

Asia-Pacific: Intel Customer Support APAC 

Latin America: Intel Customer Support LAR  

Best regards, 

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
Jamas94
New Contributor I

4826 to 4887 will randomly appear without signal output, probably twice a month.

As shown below, and random occurrences of no signal, no sound, black screen, and system crash.

Sometimes it just loses the output signal of the display

For driver versions after 4887 (not included), new situations will occur, such as the video reported above. The 4952 version will be more obvious and the problem will almost certainly occur.

Jamas94_0-1700289684206.jpeg

Intel no longer provides old version drivers, the lowest is 4824

Regarding the post you mentioned that I participated in, I was just answering to help another user and it has nothing to do with me.

0 Kudos
Jamas94
New Contributor I

4887 Standby blue screen appears

First, lines like this appear, and then a blue screen appears.

After running DOTA2 for 1 minute, close it, then wake it up after the screen is turned off, and this will appear.

@Jean_Intel QQ图片20231119225138.png

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Jamas94,

We see that the issue is across multiple drivers, even though the behavior is different, the signal is lost before a system crash is present in all drivers you tried. As we mentioned before, and based on the information you have provided and all the troubleshooting we have done, it appears to be a hardware-related issue. Therefore, we recommend that you begin the warranty processing for the video card. Unfortunately, you cannot complete this process through the forums, and you need to contact us directly. You can find the contact information, including local/country phone numbers:

U.S. and Canada: Intel Customer Support

Europe, Middle East, and Africa: Intel Customer Support EMEA 

Asia-Pacific: Intel Customer Support APAC 

Latin America: Intel Customer Support LAR  

Best regards, 

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
Jamas94
New Contributor I

I have the same problem as the person in this post. Try switching different output interfaces, which will temporarily solve the problem and restore the normal video signal without system crash.

URL https://www.reddit.com/r/IntelArc/comments/17z0wbs/freesync_monitor_loses_signal_after_monitors_are/

Sometimes DOTA2 will have a texture rendering error at 4952

The reason why there will be an error event every time you exit DOTA2 is from the 4672 series driver.

Because drivers of versions prior to 4887 (inclusive) will cause lines to flicker on the screen and then random color blocks to appear, and then the following situations will occur:
1. Only the video signal is lost, and the sound is output normally.
2. The video signal is lost and the system crashes, making no operation possible.
3. The video signal is lost and the system blue screen (the probability is very low)

What is currently known is that when the driver crashes and is restored, the probability can be easily reproduced within 1 hour, especially in versions after 4887.

I just want intel GPU to be better

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Jamas94,

Thank you for the new inforamtion. We will proceed to resume our research internally. We will be posting back as soon as we have more details.

We see that you also reported a texture rendering problem with DOTA2 with driver .4952; however, we would like to invite you to open a new thread for this issue, as we are looking into the black screen crashing problem you have. We recommend reporting one issue per thread to keep the thread organized and avoid confusion among users.

Best regards, 

Jean O. 

0 Kudos