Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21137 Discussions

GMA 3600 series 7x64 drivers....

BGref
Novice

Today I found out that I have a motherboard that is 64bit capable, but lacks 64bit GPU drivers.

The motherboard is a DN2800MT. After installing 7x64 I was surprised not seeing unidentified hardware (that's a first for me with Windows), however, I noticed straight away that Windows was using the build-in GPU drivers. Those are so basic that even Patience starts complaining about the lack of graphics performance.

Not long after that I found out that Intel refuses to make 64 bit GPU drivers for this motherboard, while there are 64bit chipset, LAN and sound-drivers available. So why make those and not GPU drivers?

Then I found someone on this forum who linked to a beta driver (GFX_Vista_Win7_64_8.15.8.1050_Beta5.exe) that supposedly supports this particular GPU. Well.... after running the driverinstaller and a reboot, I got a BSOD. Another reboot -> BSOD. Safe-mode -> delete GPU driver -> no more BSOD, but crappy graphics performance due to the standard Windows driver being used again.

After a second attempt, not using the driverinstaller but let the device manager install the driver, it seems to run without problems, didn't get BSOD's anymore. Now I haven't tested much, Windows starts, graphics performance increased and Patience is no longer nagging about crappy graphics, gonna try more tomorrow.

Why are you (Intel) still refusing to make a GPU driver for this motherboard for any OS besides 7x86? This motherboard can run 7x64 without problems. The only thing that's a problem is the lack of GPU drivers. And no, I am not gonna switch to 7x86 because the full amount of RAM is not usable in 32 bits OS's.

0 Kudos
26 Replies
ECoel
Beginner

Thanks gggggg for the link.

0 Kudos
iivan21
Beginner
0 Kudos
ECoel
Beginner

Yes, it's working fine installing via Device Manager

0 Kudos
ECoel
Beginner

Thanks a lot bartgrefte. Your post was extremely helpfull for me.

0 Kudos
Clp
Novice

I have a Asus 1025c N2600 1.6ghz GMA 3600 and this chip has a support for OS x64 and where can i find a official driver for gma 3600 64 bits??

Now i´m using modded drive, i get a blue screem when i put a 4gb memory ram!

We need this driver!!!! help us intel!!! Do your job!!!!

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

I completely understand your frustration on this. At this point we have Windows 7 32 bits only for GMA 3600. Sorry for the inconvenience.

0 Kudos