Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20628 Discussions

GPU TDR with fullscreen quad

Sherief
Beginner

System Used: (Manufacturer/Model): Razer Blade 15 Advanced
CPU SKU: (i3, i5, Pentium, Celeron, etc.) i7 9750H
GPU SKU: (HD4400, HD5100, etc.) UHD 630
Processor Line: (Y-Series, U-Series, etc.) i7
System BIOS Version: Razer 1.02
CMOS settings: Seriously now.
Graphics Driver Version: 26.20.100.7261
GOP/VBIOS Version: [Not sure how to check]
Operating System: Windows 10 
OS Version: 1909 (Build 18363.1198)
API: D3D12
Occurs on non-Intel GPUs?: No

A simple application with 12 D3D calls (only one of which is a draw call) and one ECL per frame started throwing TDRs on the setup above. All it does is take a CPU-provided image and blit it to a texture resource then display it on a screen-aligned quad. 

I kept simplifying shaders down to a passthrough VS and a constant color FS, removed the blit, removed texturing altogether, and simplified the root signature down to nothing, and issuing the draw call still causes a TDR. 

I reverted to older builds that used to work and they now exhibit the same behavior, leading me to believe this was introduced sometime between May and November.

I can provide the binaries involved if required, preferably through a private channel.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Sherief, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to this scenario and in order for us to be able to provide the most accurate technical support on this topic, we recommend to visit, sign in and submit your inquiry in our Intel® Developer Zone, in there you will receive further peer to peer assistance on this matter:

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/home.html

Or as an option and since you are using the 12 D3D app, you can always get in contact directly with Microsoft in order to try to gather the details that you are looking for:

https://support.microsoft.com/

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos