Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20601 Discussions

Gigabyte P35x v5 onboard Intel HD 530 HDMI output error/crash

JTähe
Beginner

Hello there. I have tried finding a similar issue, but haven't found anything, so I thought I'd ask here.

As said in the title, Gigabyte P35x V5 laptop with onboard Intel HD 530 GPU (GeforceGTX 980M as main GPU) is havin issues with HDMI output.

Long story short, everything works fine, as long as no program wants to run in full screen. I cant use to my TV to play a video over HDMI (VLC), even Win10 security screen is triggering the crash. External screen goes black, signal is missing, but the system doesn't switch back to the default screen unless I do it manually.

As I have understood, the HDMI port is physically connected to the Intel GPU. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, updated everything, tried it on other screens, short of reinstalling Windows.

system conf:

Intel® HD Graphics 530

Adapter Compatibility Intel Corporation

Video Processor Intel® HD Graphics Family

Resolution 3840 x 2160

Bits Per Pixel 32

Number of Colors 4294967296

Refresh Rate - Current 59 Hz

Refresh Rate - Maximum 59 Hz

Refresh Rate - Minimum 59 Hz

Driver Provider Intel Corporation

Driver Version 26.20.100.7985

Driver Date 3/9/2020

Adapter DAC Type Internal

Adapter RAM 1.00 GB

Availability Running at full power

Status This device is working properly.

Location PCI bus 0, device 2, function 0

Device Id PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_191B&SUBSYS_C5561458&REV_06\3&11583659&0&10

0 Kudos
2 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Where did you get your graphics drivers? Laptops with dual graphics should only be used with the drivers provided by the laptop vendor. Generic drivers from Intel, NVIDA and AMD could cause problems and should not be used without your laptop vendor saying it is ok.

...S

0 Kudos
JTähe
Beginner

Thanks for the tip, will reinstall with manufacturer drivers​

0 Kudos