Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Graphic Driver Issue

EdsonLeal
Beginner

Hallo, I am a graphic designer and I use Cinema 4D for 3D modeling, since a month ago I sometimes receive this message while using Cinema 4D "please check if your graphics driver and OS are up to date" after the message the software crashes. And I am experiencing some Photoshop's brightness issues (the photoshop desk turns brighter and darker depends on which movement I make using the photoshop tools. I tried to update the driver, I updated the NVIDIA drives but nothing seems to solve this matter. Can someone please help me? I use Cinema 4D R21 and Adobe Photoshop CC 2019. I use a Dell PC: XPS 8920 Processor intel(R) Core i7-7700k CPU @ 4.20GHz RAM 16.0 GB - Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Intel HD Graphics 630. Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @EdsonLeal

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We usually handle only one issue at a time and different issues require separate threads.

For these two issues (1- crashes with Cinema 4D*, 2- Photoshop* brightness issues), we will focus on the crash issues with Cinema 4D. For the other issue, please kindly create a new thread so we can focus on one issue at a time.

Note: You may also contact Intel® Support through chat or phone, make sure you select the proper region and support business hours. Here is the contact us link. Thank you for your understanding.

In order to review further the behavior with Cinema 4D, could you please provide us with the following information?

1- We understand that you have a dual graphics configuration (Intel® HD Graphics 630 + Nvidia Graphics). Is this correct? Are both Graphics controllers enabled at the same time? Do you use the Cinema 4D with Intel® Graphics when the crash occurs?

2- Have you performed any troubleshooting steps to verify or determine the issue is caused by the Intel integrated graphics? If yes, please provide details:

3- Is this a new system? Did the computer work fine before or are you experiencing this crash since the first day that you have the device?

4- If this worked fine before at any moment, were there any recent hardware or software (Windows*, drivers, BIOS, software updates) changes that might relate to the point when the issue started?

5- Have you verified this with the developers or support team of Cinema 4D? If yes, did they provide any feedback or suggestions?

6- Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system:

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.
  • Once you have saved the file (.txt file), please attach it to your reply.

To upload and attach a file, use the "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" option below the response textbox.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
EdsonLeal
Beginner

Hi Andrew,

Thank you so much for your reply. I am reviewing lots of things here...and follow your advice.

I will make so more tests here and as soon as I get the results, I will let you know.

My best, 

Leal

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello EdsonLeal

Thank you for your response.

Sure, please take your time and we will be waiting for you to provide more deteails.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello EdsonLeal

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you have additional inquiries.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
EdsonLeal
Beginner

Hallo Andrew,

How are you? Hope fine.

I made some tests here and it seems to work fine:

First I reset Windows. After that, I found a way to stop those bright flickness issues I was having with Photoshop. I went to Preferences/Performance and unchecked Use Graphics Processor and checked Legacy Compositing. It worked fine and those flicking problems disappeared.

According to the Cinema 4D issue I was talking to my brother and he suggested me to change my monitor cable (HDMI) entrance on my Dell computer. It was plugged on Intel® HD Graphics 630 so I plugged it on Nvidia Graphics. I am making tests here with the same scene and model for 2 days and the crash didn't happened. I was waiting for one more day of tests to send you a message back. But if everything is all right, i think those two issues were solved.

Tomorrow I will send you another message according this rehearsal I am making with Cinema 4D.

Thank you so much Andrew,

My best always,

Edson Leal

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello EdsonLeal

Thank you very much for your response and for these details.

Perfect, please feel free to post back any additional feedback regarding the test that you are trying with Cinema 4D. If you need further assistance with this, please don't hesitate to contact us back.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello EdsonLeal

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you have additional details regarding the tests with Cinema 4D and if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
EdsonLeal
Beginner

Hi Andrew, how are you? Hope fine.

It took me more days to make the tests but it seems to be really working fine. Photoshop is normal (with that solution in presets I made) and Cinema 4D didn't have any more crashes. The solution my brother gave me really worked out. I thank you so much for your time and help.

My best,

Edson.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello EdsonLeal

Thank you for your response. We are glad to know that the crashing issues with Cinema 4D are solved after applying your brother's solution of switching to the NVIDIA* Graphics card.

We would like to know if you want us to continue investigating the Cinema 4D crashes with the Intel® Graphics so we can arrange to request from you the necessary information and tests from your environment so we can check this further. Otherwise, please let us know if you prefer to consider this request solved and to close the thread?

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
EdsonLeal
Beginner

Hi Andrew,

How are you? Hope fine.

I prefer to consider this request solved and close the thread.

Thank you so much.

My best

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello EdsonLeal

Thank you for your response, we hope you are fine too!

Ok, as per your request, we will consider this request solved and close the thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

It has been a pleasure to assist you.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos