Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21072 Discussions

Graphical errors with HD 530 in Borderlands 2 (and Doom)

idata
Employee

I have the Intel i5-6500 and an Asus Z170i Pro mainboard and Windows 7. My driver version for the Integrated Graphics is 20.19.15.4474.

In the game Borderlands 2 there are severe graphical glitches in the form of red dots on all the textures and edges when Anisotropic Filtering is at anything other than 2x.

In Doom there are even more severe glitches which can render the game menu completely unnavigable, and when one gets into the game, look like the shaders are not really working, and the texures are very erratic.

Most other games run as normal. I guess Doom is just too modern, however I would expect at least Borderlands 2 to run.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Part of why I'm asking is, do you think this could be an issue with the mainboard (or iGPU itself), or is it most likely a software issue or at worst the Bios (up-to-date)?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Were you able to follow on Relentless recommendations?

Allan
OEdua
Beginner

Hello.I had the same problem in Borderlands 2 so I made a reddit post asking for help.I found this and this fixed my problem.

Go to your .ini config files directory. On Windows 7, this is Documents/My Games/Borderlands 2/WillowGame/Config.

or

It's also possible to edit *installDir/Program Files(x86)/2K Games/Borderlands 2/Willow Game/Config

Find WillowEngine.ini (or DefaultEngine.ini)

Ctrl-F to find "WillowScenePostProcess"

Replace with "RyanScenePostProcess"*

You can also set the file to read-only. (not needed)

If you do what I told you to do right above ^^ you can even play with the Anisotropic Filtering at x16.

EDIT:Setting that option to RyanScenePostProcess seems to also give you a FPS Boost.

EDIT 2:Here's the imgur album I made showing my problem.If that's what also happens to you please let me know. http://imgur.com/a/bcvWM Can someone help me out with this ? - Album on Imgur

0 Kudos