Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20629 Discussions

Graphics Control Panel vs Graphics & Media Control Panel

Luminary99
Beginner

This is a pretty basic question:  what's the difference between the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel and the Intel Graphics and Media Control Panel?

What's the "media" that is being controlled?

Are both available for Windows 7?

Do they support different Intel products?

ICP.pngIGMCP.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello Luminary99, I just received an update on this matter.

The exact difference, between Intel® Graphics Control Panel vs Intel® Graphics & Media Control Panel, is difficult to explain since both applications control resolutions, display settings, etc in different ways since it is for different versions of Intel® processors. 

In the following link, you will find more or less for what generations the applications are for:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000088086/graphics/intel-arc-dedicated-graphics-family.html

Basically, the settings, such as image "Scaling" and those you see there, are things that, the Intel® Graphics Command Center provides under "Display" tab.

If you are using a very old product, please let us know what is the model of it. If you are using an Intel® product that shows as supported under "Related Products" in the link provided above, you might be able to use the Intel® Graphics Command Center, which is our latest application for graphics, that basically has the same settings as the tools you mentioned.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Luminary99, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to your inquiries, it is important to mention that both of these tools are not that new and are currently discontinued. Still, we will do further research on this matter to try to provide the information you are looking for. For us to be able to do that, please attach the SSU report so we can let you know which is the one that is fully compatible with your system for you to install it on your platform:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello Luminary99, I just received an update on this matter.

The exact difference, between Intel® Graphics Control Panel vs Intel® Graphics & Media Control Panel, is difficult to explain since both applications control resolutions, display settings, etc in different ways since it is for different versions of Intel® processors. 

In the following link, you will find more or less for what generations the applications are for:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000088086/graphics/intel-arc-dedicated-graphics-family.html

Basically, the settings, such as image "Scaling" and those you see there, are things that, the Intel® Graphics Command Center provides under "Display" tab.

If you are using a very old product, please let us know what is the model of it. If you are using an Intel® product that shows as supported under "Related Products" in the link provided above, you might be able to use the Intel® Graphics Command Center, which is our latest application for graphics, that basically has the same settings as the tools you mentioned.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Luminary99
Beginner

Thanks for the information.

I've asked the person whom I was attempting to assist with this issue to come here and post results from running the SSU tool.  I hope he does and that you will be able to help him further.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Luminary99, You are very welcome, thank you very much for letting us know those details.

"I hope he does and that you will be able to help him further.", Perfect, we will wait to see if he can provide the SSU report so we can continue providing assistance on this matter. I will do a follow-up in a couple of days.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello Luminary99, I just wanted to check if there are any updates from the customer?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Luminary99
Beginner

Sorry, I haven't heard anything in the original forum.  I guess he's decided to live with whatever issue he had.

Thanks for following up.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Luminary99, You are very welcome, thank you very much for your response.

"Sorry, I haven't heard anything in the original forum", No problem at all, the customer can always open a new thread if needed.

Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos