Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Graphics Driver Outdated, Won't Update, How Do I fix?

JRowe3
Beginner

Hey, I have the computer technical knowledge of a ham sandwich, so please forgive me if I'm a little clueless on this stuff.

Basically, I received an Intel Inspiron 3650 back in 2016, but haven't had an opportunity to install it until a couple of days ago. Tried to play a PC game on it, but says I need my graphics driver updated. I have scoured the internet to figure out the problem. My SupportAssist just fails to update. When I try to manually install it myself, I get the message that "This installation package is not supported by this processor type."

When I look up my driver, this is the information provided:

Version: 21.20.16.4542

Driver Model: WDDM 2.0

My SupportAssist offers me version 23.20.16.4973 A00 (but like I said, it just fails), and when I looked up the most recent I found a version launched yesterday (12/20/18) that is 25.20.100.6471

I literally just want to be able to play my PC game without it looking disgustingly pixelated. I don't really know what I need to do to update this stupid driver. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If you need more information just ask, (though maybe explain how I am supposed to obtain the information too--like I said, ham sandwich).

Thanks in advance for the help!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RAJU2529
New Contributor III

yes dell support saying is correct latest driver from dell is 23.20.16.4973 its called customized driver for your particular model .m, noe also called as standard driver.

but intel realeased Generic DCH _WHQL driver 25.20.100.6471 , which is available to most of the intel processor graphics model . That new driver is called Modern universal driver , which does not comes with intel graphics control panel

I would recommend you to install dell driver 23.20.16.4973 only .

But if you want try with new DCH driver 25.20.100.6471 at risk , it may degrade the performance , intel does not have warranty in this regard

Here is the direct downloading link

https://downloadmirror.intel.com/28435/a08/dch_win64_25.20.100.6471.exe

Before installing new driver , you must uninstall old graphics driver and its associated softwares by using Revo uninstaller software , once finished , restart the windows ,

after that install new driver with admin right .,disable antivirus softwares , disable firewall

0 Kudos
JRowe3
Beginner

I tried doing this, and my Intel (R) HD Graphics 530 won't uninstall. I have tried to uninstall it manually and with automated installers now, and every time it comes back. When I try to just update it (through the Device Manager), it says, "Windows had determined the driver software for your device is up to date."

Clearly that isn't the case, since people have been saying that have Intel (R) HD Graphics 630.

This is literally a brand new computer, just out of the box. I just want to be able to play my pc game without having awful graphics.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello JRowe3, If you need any further help, please run the Intel® System Support Utility and attach the report to this thread. 1.Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600 2.Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View. 3.To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer. Also, what is the game (s) you are trying to play? Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello JRowe3, If you have any further questions, we will be glad to help you. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos