Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

Graphics Driver Version Problem

Gamers_Art
Beginner

Dear Intel,

I think I'm asking a dumb question. But, please reply to me...

I downloaded "win64_15.33.47.5059.zip" and installed it. Then, restarted my PC. But, My graphics driver version is "10.18.10.5059". Why it is not "15.33.47.5059"?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

That's because you are comparing the package version with the driver version. Remember that this package contains multiple drivers to support the various hardware versions (620, 630, etc.) of the Intel HD Graphics engine. The package could need to be updated because only one (or less than all) of these drivers changed.

When trying to do a comparison this way, simply look at the final component - the build number - of the driver version and the package version. If they are the same, then you know this was the package that was installed.

Clear as mud?

...S

View solution in original post

2 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

That's because you are comparing the package version with the driver version. Remember that this package contains multiple drivers to support the various hardware versions (620, 630, etc.) of the Intel HD Graphics engine. The package could need to be updated because only one (or less than all) of these drivers changed.

When trying to do a comparison this way, simply look at the final component - the build number - of the driver version and the package version. If they are the same, then you know this was the package that was installed.

Clear as mud?

...S

Gamers_Art
Beginner

Thank you so much...

I got it. 

Thanks for helping me...

0 Kudos