Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

Graphics Glitches Intel Iris Xe Max Graphics

Amaigohan
Novice

Dear Intel Support Team,

I`ve recently bought new a laptop with Intel Graphics Discrete Video Adapter.

From time to time having rough gaming experience, mostly fixed by driver updates.

Just few recent application launches are giving same event. I am overseeing pixelated silhouette around rendered objects, polygon strips, blocks of "rgb pixel palettes".

Game is using Vulkan/Directx 11 API, either way - same result, though DX looks worse.

Already tried:

• Updating, Clear installing latest & previous gpu driver versions;
  • Resolution scaling options; 
  • Compatibility mods;
  • Ingame settings;
  • Intel graphics command center & graphics settings.

Asking for help.

Thank you in advance & Best Regards!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Amaigohan
Novice

UPDATE: I would like to report that I`ve managed, not without a luck, to figure out what was this all about.

As mentioned earlier, I`ve struggled with visual anomalies mostly in games. It was something to do with Intel Graphics Command Center, which was overriding graphics configuration. 

It made perfect sense for me, so that I`ve excluded programs from `My Games` list,  turned graphics preference -> default, deleted custom profiles in users\profile\mydocuments\*specificapp*.

DirectX error is still persisting.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
21 Replies
JosueO_Intel

Hello Amaigohan,

Thank you for posting on the Intel®️ communities. In order to have a better understanding of the issue, please share with us the following information: 

1. What is the resolution and refresh rate that you are using?
  2. Have you tried using the drivers provided by the OEM?
  3. Have you reported this issue to the OEM?
  4. Are you using an external display? If so, which port are you using to connect it?
  5. Do you get any crashes or error codes?
  6. On which games and applications do the issue occur?

Also please download and install the Intel®️ System Support Utility (Intel®️ SSU):

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- 

Open the application and select "Everything" click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel®️ SSU will take you to the "Summary View". Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

Click on "Next", save the report and attach it to your response.

Regards, 

Josue O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Amaigohan
Novice

1. 1920x1080 - 60Hz

2. No GPU driver is provided by manufacturer. Using official website & update application "Acer Care Center" is not giving any satisfying result.

3. System is stable, just dealing with some graphics challenges. I`ve not reported this issue to OEM yet.  

4. No external display.

5. In this case - No error. 

6. Latest is Baldur`s Gate 3, which is currently in Early Access, although it runs perfectly on other PC configurations.

Pillars Of Enernity 2 Deadfire runs with blinking pink/black screen, unless I manually choose Iris Xe graphics, rather than Iris Xe Max.

Not directly related, but occasionally using hibernation & waking up causing DX crash (attachments) (Heroes Of the Storm, Star Wars Battlefront 2).

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Amaigohan,

Please try performing a clean install of the graphics drivers using the latest driver available for your system, follow this step in order to perform the clean install:

1- Download the latest driver from our download center.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19344/intel-graphics-windows-dch-drivers.html

2- Disconnect from the internet to make sure the driver will not be automatically updated by Windows.

3- Uninstall the Intel Graphics driver following the steps in the article:

Uninstalling the Intel Graphics Driver via the Device Manager Method

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005598/graphics.html

4- Restart the computer.

5- Right-click the Windows Start button. Select Device Manager.

6- If no older drivers are stored in the system, the graphics controller in Device Manager should now be listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter', 'Standard VGA Graphics Adapter', or similar. If not, repeat step 3. Repeat the process until it is listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter'.

7- Install the latest graphics driver.

8- Once the latest driver has been installed, enable the internet connection again.

Regards,

Josue O. 

0 Kudos
Amaigohan
Novice

I've followed the instruction step by step. As a result, there are much less encounters around graphics, though cannot confirm that solution is found. Issue still persists in Baldur`s Gate 3, it may rather be due to EA poor game optimization.

!What still looks badly, that DirectX message keeps popping up on launch, so I have to either manually stop/start GPU driver or relaunch PC. I`m not sure is there anything to do with sleep/hibernation state? Is there any remedy for this?

Greatly appreciate your response.

0 Kudos
Amaigohan
Novice

UPDATE: I would like to report that I`ve managed, not without a luck, to figure out what was this all about.

As mentioned earlier, I`ve struggled with visual anomalies mostly in games. It was something to do with Intel Graphics Command Center, which was overriding graphics configuration. 

It made perfect sense for me, so that I`ve excluded programs from `My Games` list,  turned graphics preference -> default, deleted custom profiles in users\profile\mydocuments\*specificapp*.

DirectX error is still persisting.

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Amaigohan,

Thanks for letting us know how you solved the issue. Regarding the one you have with DirectX, please share with us the following information:

1. Does the issue occur on all applications or just in one?
  2. Are you able to run the application after the DirectX message pops up?

Regarding possible troubleshooting, please be sure to have your OS fully updated. In case the issue persists, please try performing a clean install of the drivers using the ones provided by the OEM, you can check the attached link in order to download the driver. 

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/MY/content/support-product/9129?b=1

In case after performing all the steps the issue persists, please contact Microsoft for specialized support on DirectX issues. 

Best regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
Amaigohan
Novice

1. The issue does occur in all applications, that are using DirectX 11.
2. It is not possible to run application, until I restart GPU driver using Device Manager. ‘Ctrl + Shift + Win + B’ combination works though not always.
Last thing to do is to restart PC, if no action above gives a result.
My OS used to be Windows 10, until recent October - Windows 11 Update. I have performed clear install from official iso image. Can confirm, that issue persists throughout Windows 10/11 versions.
Best Regards!
0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Amaigohan,

Thank you for the information provided, in order to discard any possible issues with our driver, we will try to replicate your issue in a lab. We will post back as soon with the results. 

Best regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Amaigohan,

We have performed a lab and tried to replicate the issue using the same driver you are using and all DirectX applications and games were starting without any issues, this means that the problem is related to DirectX and not with the driver. 

Our recommendation is to contact Microsoft* in order to get assistance with DirectX from a specialized support team. 

Best regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
Amaigohan
Novice

I`ve managed to get in touch with Microsoft support, though they couldn`t figure out the origin of the error. There is one more thing to say: issue persists using discrete graphics Iris Xe Max, launching apps using internal Iris Xe - gives no error.

Throughout 2 hour session of screensharing, trying to bring a solution & since issue is directly connected to graphics hardware, they recommended to contact graphics manufacturer.

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Thank you for the information provided 

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Amaigohan,

Last week we released a new graphics driver version, please try performing a clean installation using the latest drivers, you can download it using the next link.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19344/intel-graphics-windows-dch-drivers.html

In case the issue continues even using the latest driver, please try performing a clean installation of the operating system. In case you need assistance with this, please contact Microsoft for specialized support on Windows* installation. 

Best regards,  

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Amaigohan,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.  

Best regards,  

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
Amaigohan
Novice
Sorry for delayed response.

I’ve updated gpu driver, yet need some time for testing.
Pls bare with me 😄
0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Amaigohan,

Sure, test the driver and let us know how it works. I will be following up on Monday to check how everything went with testing. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Amaigohan,

I was following up and wanted to ask if you have had the time to check the driver and see if the issue was solved. 

Let me know if you still need our assistance 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
Amaigohan
Novice
Hello,
Thank you for your dedication to this topic.

I’ve made multiple runs with different apps & so far I have no error encounters.
And yet, I have to deal with in-app lagging, as if I’m running programs under Windows Basic Driver & GPU doesn’t have any load. It usually happens after game relaunch.
Recently, I’ve performed clean Windows 11 installation, saving no data, to exclude any 3rd party software interference & system files’ corruption. I do have similar situation with lagging.

To conclude, I have to make few more points:
1. I used to have incompatibility issue syncing Intel Graphics Command Center’s configs, I suspect that image sharpening has a bad influence. Would you recommend to avoid IGCC?
2.Different APIs: rather than running games with DX9,10,11, I’ve forced DX12, Vulkan & OpenGL with no consequences, though not every program is compatible.

Best Regards!
0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Amaigohan,

In this case, it is important for you to know that we haven't received reports of this issue being present on IGCC, our recommendation will be to check with your OEM and see if there are any compatibility issues between the system and the tool. 

Regarding the issues with the lag on your computer, please share with us the following information:

1. SSU report.
  2. Does it only happen in games? Which apps are being affected by the issue?
  3. Picture of task manager under the performance tab and the processes tab.

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Amaigohan,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.  

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Amaigohan,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos