Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21072 Discussions

Graphics Red on Jedi Survivor Iris Xe

aimerski
Novice

Having issues with Star Wars: Jedi Survivor. Game loads in and graphics have a red hue that drags. Can barely see the playable area. As of today, I can't even open the game past the load screen. Yesterday, I was able to play but had to stop due to horrible graphics. The only changes I made are to download the most recent version of Iris Xe.

Installed Iris Xe graphics (31.0.101.4502).

Issue ongoing since driver update installed 9/1/2023. 

Game updated with newest software as of 9/6/2023. Launching game through EA app.

Not using any additional cables, adapters, or docking station. 

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @aimerski  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I will gladly assist you here. 

1. Does this issue happen in other games or only in Star Wars: Jedi Survivor? 
  2. Was it working before? 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
aimerski
Novice
Hi!
1. This only happens with SW: Jedi Survivor.
2. It worked (as in I could play the game but the graphics were horribly red to the point where it became unplayable). Today, it can’t even open the game to play it. It loads the start up menu, then when I click continue, the game crashes entirely. The red color is present in the start up menu. I haven’t been able to actually see or play this game at all.
3. Laptop: Lenovo IAU7 IdeaPad
4. There are 2 .jpgs and a video of the game as i see it when I play in the original post. The reply doesn’t give me an upload option here.
0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @aimerski  

Thank you for the information provided. 

In this case, perform a clean installation of your graphics drivers, using the latest graphics driver. If it doesn't work, try this step using your System Manufacturer's driver

Note #1: Make sure to check you have all the Windows updates before doing the driver installation and doing the clean installation process without internet connection. 

Note #2: We recommend checking with your System Manufacturer and using the driver software provided by them to avoid potential installation incompatibilities. Intel supplies generic versions of Graphics Drivers for general purposes. Computer manufacturers might have changed the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to the graphics driver software or software packaging. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
aimerski
Novice

Uninstalled the driver and clean installed it. All systems up to date on entire computer. Error still happens. No changes. 

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @aimerski  

Thank you for your reply. 

Just to confirm, did you perform the Clean installation with each driver (Lenovo and Intel)? 

If that's the case, please attach a new Intel SSU report so we can investigate further. Also, if you have steps to reproduce this issue, please let us know as well. 

Intel® System Support Utility for Windows. 

Note: Make sure to mark the box that says "everything" before pressing the Scan button. After that, click on "Next>" and select "Save" and then, attach the .txt file. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
aimerski
Novice

Yes, I did a  clean install of both drivers (Lenovo and Intel).

New SSU report attached. 

Path to error: 

1. Turn on computer. 

2. Open EA app

3. Open SW: Jedi Survivor game

4. Error present on load screen of the game and during game play. (photos attached)

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @aimerski  

Thank you for the new report and the steps provided. 

Please allow me some time to do some research on this. As soon as I have updates, I will let you know. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @aimerski  

Thank you for your time. 

There is a new driver release 31.0.101.4824, can you please confirm if there is any improvement with this version? 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
aimerski
Novice

Just clean installed the new driver (31.0.101.4824) and there's no change to the issue I'm having. Here is a .mov file to see the error.

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @aimerski  

Thank you for the information and your confirmation on this. 

I will continue investigating. If I have any updates, I will get back to you. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @aimerski  

Thank you for your time. 

We noticed that this issue might be related to not meeting the minimum GPU requirements as per the STAR WARS Jedi: Survivor™ PC Minimum System Requirements from the EA website.  

Please try to set all minimum or off, to have the lowest possible graphics set of options, and then try to launch the game. Please let us know the results. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
aimerski
Novice
Still no change. Every setting is the lowest possible. It’s unfortunate that this computer isn’t even a year old and can’t play one game. I wasted a lot of money on this purchase just to find out your software doesn't meet the minimum requirements? I had zero problems with other games.
0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @aimerski  

Thank you for your reply. 

I know this is frustrating for you, I would be as well. 

I will try to do some more research on this, however, please keep in mind that the minimum requirements for a game are not set by us but by the Game developer. 

As soon as I have updates, I will get back to you. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @aimerski  

Thank you for your time. 

We know it is a frustrating situation, we tried everything from our end and the only root cause left to this issue is that the laptop doesn't meet the GPU minimum requirements set by the Game Developer. 

This thread will no longer be monitored, but if you need assistance with other matters, feel free to contact us and submit a new post. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos