Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

Graphics control panel not opening.

GQ000
Beginner

I've updated all drivers and windows, according to the Driver & Support Assistant my laptop is up to date but the graphics control panel is still not opening at all.

PS: At some point the control panel simply disappeared from the my computer so I had to reinstall it from the microsoft store. I do not remember exactly when this happened so I can't just restore the laptop.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Running the Intel Driver & Support Assistant likely installed drivers onto your laptop that it should not have. If you have a laptop with hybrid graphics (i.e. which has active Intel HD Graphics and NVIDIA/AMD HD Graphics subsystems), you should only be using the drivers provided by your laptop manufacturer. The drivers likely have been modified to support the hybrid graphics architecture and possibly for unique hardware features - brightness control, etc. - supported by the laptop.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
ATame
Beginner

I also have this problem. I used drivers provided by my laptop manufacturer, but nothing also solved the problem. I have the latest Graphics driver, but when I try to open the Graphics control panel nothing appear.

0 Kudos
GQ000
Beginner

Running Intel Driver & Support Assistant is what was recommended in every related thread. Anyhow, as I said it said everything was up to date and nothing needed to be installed anyways.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

@GQ000​ - The Intel graphics control panel is not going to open if the monitor is being manager by the AMD graphics solution. In this case, you should be opening the AMD Control Panel.

@ATame​ - Please open a separate question regarding your problem. No apology necessary, but we do not hijack other people's conversations around here. Make sure you provide information about your exact laptop, including processor, graphics solution(s), etc.

...S

0 Kudos
GQ000
Beginner

The AMD graphics control isn't managing anything, there are no options for it on the panel. There's nowhere to edit the saturation or contrast, for instance. If the AMD graphics subsystem has the ability to manage these features shouldn't they be available in its control panel?

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello GQ000 Thank you for posting in the Intel Community. I order to look into the behavior that you are having please provide me with the information and reports requested on the following link: https://forums.intel.com/s/feed/0D50P0000490AGdSAM Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello GQ000 Have you been able to collect the information requested? Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello GQ000 I haven’t heard back from you; please contact us if you have any additional questions. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos