Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20894 Discussions

Graphics driver installer updates Smart Sound Technology drivers and causes lose of audio

Sarig
Novice

I own a brand new MSI Thin gf63 (12ucx) laptop. Since February, every time there is an update for the Iris® Xe Graphics driver, the Installer also automatically updates the Smart Sound Technology (BUS/OED) drivers from 10.29.0.10040 to 10.29.0.10492, resulting in complete lose of my audio. All of my audio drivers vanish (Realtek/Nvidia/Nahimic), and I need to roll the SST drivers back time and time again, so as to regain speakers' functionality. My audio input stopped working since that first 'surprise' update, so I have no use of my internal microphone (!). Please help me solve these driver conflicts and allow me to put my laptop back into working order.

Now, with the release of the Iris® Xe Graphics driver 31.0.101.5448, I am again looking to install (upgrade) my graphics driver, but don't want Intel's Installer to mess up my audio. Where can I download this graphics driver apart from the official Installer?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Sarig,

Thank you for posting in our communities.

Please generate an SSU report to help me further analyse important details on your system, such as the OS build number, the complete model of your processor, etc. To generate the SSU report, please refer to the article: How to Get the Intel® System Support Utility Logs on Windows. Please send us the generated SSU.txt file.

We look forward to your response!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Sarig
Novice

Sure thing. Attached is an SSU report.

I appreciate your support 🙂

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Sarig,

Thank you so much for the quick response and for sharing your SSU with us.

When updating your drivers, have you already attempted to use our Intel® Driver & Support Assistant? If not, would you kindly test it and see if the problem doesn't occur?

If the issue persist, please let me know so we can take our next step.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Sarig,

We are checking in with you to see if you already have the answers to our questions so we can further isolate our issue.

Thank you, and have a great day!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
Sarig
Novice

Hi Carmona,

I do not have a solution to my problem yet.

Cheers,
Sarig

ACarmona_Intel

Hello Sarig,

Thank you so much for the response.

Upon checking in our database, you already have an active case number with us that has the same product and issue as our case number.

Please stay in touch with the other owner of the other active case number, as it seems that you have already done more troubleshooting than we have.

In regards to this, I will now be closing this case. For additional information, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos