Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21070 Discussions

Graphics issue with HP Pavilion 15

idata
Employee

Hi

Was just wondering if anyone has any solutions to an issue i have been having.

I got my HP Pavilion 15 at Christmas and updated it to Windows 10 and have been having issues with graphics, When i power down the laptop or the battery runs out of power and i start the machine it boots normally until it gets to the login screen when the screen will go black and the brightness keys on the keyboard work the opposite from what they are meant to ie brightness up puts the brightness down and vice versa and the only fix to this i have found is to disable "fast boot" or go into device manager and disable and enable the driver again.

Graphics (According the the Intel system identification utility) are Intel HD Graphics 4600 and its an Intel Pentium prosesor

Thanks in advance

Craig

0 Kudos
7 Replies
IUman
Honored Contributor II

Hello Craig777,

Thank you for joining the Intel communities.

Please try installing our later generic driver; you can download it at the following link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25489/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-15-40-4th-Gen- Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 [15.40][4th Gen]

Also, I suggest to have Windows up to date and to update all your drivers from your system manufacturer website and as well as the BIOS.

Best regards,

Ivan

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Ivan

Thanks for getting back to me

Unfortunately the link provided didn't work as i only have 3rd gen graphics and not 4th gen.

I have visited HP's site quite a few times since getting the laptop so see if they have any updates but everything seems up to date.

If you have anything else that you think might help it would be much appreciated

Thanks again

Craig

0 Kudos
IUman
Honored Contributor II

I will appreciate if you can post the msinfo32.

1. Please press Windows Key + R to open the Run Menu
  2. Type msinfo32 and click OK
  3. While viewing the System Summary node go to File then Save (Please do not use Export)
  4. Save your MSINFO32 report as msinfo32.nfo on your desktop for easy access and then you can post it here.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

How do i upload the report to this site?

I can't seem to find a way to upload it

0 Kudos
IUman
Honored Contributor II

Once you click reply select "Use advanced editor" and you can upload the files.

0 Kudos
AZZ
Novice

Have you already tried installing the Intel HD Graphics drivers from HP Support page? Most vendors don't allow you to install Intel generic drivers to begin with like someone advised above me. HP has released updated drivers for Windows 10 for a ton of laptops. You just have to look up your specific laptop. This information can be viewed through the HP tool called: HP Support Assistant. Then click the tab labeled 'My Computer'. There you will find a button 'Online productpage', when you click that the correct page on the HP Support website will open. From there you can go to the driver website and download your specific driver for Windows 10.

idata
Employee

Thanks for the comment, i had a look on HP's website and turns out the the graphics drivers they have for my model of laptop are not correct for the laptop so i might have to contact HP's support for advice on this

0 Kudos