Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21228 Discussions

Windows 10 + Intel HD 520 + Screen Share = Crash

GLipk
Beginner

It's an XPS 13. Brand new, top of the line laptop.

Whenever I try to screen share (join.me or gotomeeting or zoom) the screen flickers black and then crashes. I have to hard reboot.

Intel HD Graphics 520 Driver: 15.4352

Ive tried to use the intel drivers (manually) and the Dell latest drivers. Nothing helps.

Please help me, thank you.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
IUman
Honored Contributor II

Hello GlenLipka,

Thank you for joining the Intel communities.

I'm sorry about the problem you're having, please installing the Beta driver from the Intel website to see if that driver can solve your problem, you can download it at the following link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25541/Intel-Beta-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-40- Download Intel® Beta Graphics Driver for Windows® 7/8.1/10* [15.40]

Best regards,

0 Kudos
GLipk
Beginner

Doesnt work. Just updated to latest build of windows. Still crashes.

0 Kudos
IUman
Honored Contributor II

Could you please fill out the information at the following link and post it here:

/thread/77761 https://communities.intel.com/thread/77761

0 Kudos
GLipk
Beginner

ok

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue

screen share crashes os, seems to go into a loop of resolution confusion

Does it fail every single time, or only sometimes?

If you can offer a % rate please do.

100% of the time

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

XPS 13 9350

Hybrid or switchable graphics system?

ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

no

Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below). 

LFP = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)

EFP = External Flat Panel (Monitor you plug in)

LFP and EFP. EFP is samsung

http://amazon.com/ Amazon.com: Samsung 32" WQHD LED Monitor (S32D850T) -

<td style="padding: 0 5.4pt; border-right-width: 1pt; border-bottom-width: 1pt; borde...
0 Kudos
IUman
Honored Contributor II

Thank you, please let me investigate a little more to see how we can help you, also it will be a good idea to let know your system manufacturer about this problem because your graphics driver most likely it is a customized driver and they can also give you more assistance.

0 Kudos
GLipk
Beginner

Build 14257, still crashes when screen sharing. Come on, this has been taking forever.

0 Kudos
IUman
Honored Contributor II

I tested join.me, gotomeeting or zoom and I did not have any problems, no flickering. I tested it with a DELL Inspiron 5559 which it has the same processor as yours Intel® HD Graphics 520 but I did not experience this problem.

Try uninstalling the driver and restart your system and then reinstall the driver

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005598.html Uninstalling the Intel® Graphics Driver and Intel Display HDMI Audio...

Did you notify your system manufacturer about this issue?

Does anybody else who can access this thread have this problem?

0 Kudos
GLipk
Beginner

I tried different drivers, uninstalling numerous times. The dell xps 13 is a 4k high resolution laptop screen, does that have an effect? It crashes whether I have a monitor plugged in or not.

I notified Dell and microsoft and you guys.

When you tried join.me did someone else join your screen? For me, it doesnt crash on join.me until someone else joins. They dont see the screen.

0 Kudos
IUman
Honored Contributor II

Yes I tested it with one of my co-workers and I did not see any issues, I did share the screen and I took mouse and keyboard control over the other PC and it worked fine. Could you please provide us with a picture or video of the issue if it is possible?

About the 4k monitor I don't see why that can be an issue, you can also try with different refresh rates from the Intel® HD Graphics Control Panel and different resolutions.

0 Kudos
GLipk
Beginner

I shut the computer down, disconnected all peripherals including the monitor. The res was 4k on the laptop. I had the text/icon scaling up to 250% normal. Screen sharing worked.

Then I plugged it into my monitor. The scaling was all messed up on the monitor. The setting said 100%, but the UI was clearly at 250%. Everything looked huge. So I signed out and signed back in. Now the left monitor was 100% and the laptop (right) was 250%. I tried to screen share again and it froze my screen completely. (Hard reboot)

This is repeatable.

No second monitor or peripherals from a cold boot can screen share.

A second monitor can not screen share.

You said something confusing. "I did share the screen and I took mouse and keyboard control over the other PC and it worked fine" You understand that I am trying to show MY screen, not theirs, right? If you took over their screen then you were not showing YOUR screen. That is the problem. I need to present my screen.

0 Kudos
IUman
Honored Contributor II

I have tried this several times and I shared the screen with different computers and I did not experience any problems at all.

Have you try reinstalling your driver from your system manufacturer website?

The computer I used uses the manufacturer driver and the generic driver from Intel.

0 Kudos
GLipk
Beginner

OK, I wiped the hard drive (ugh) and reinstalled windows and dell drivers.

I did NOT turn on the fast ring.

Currently, it is working and not crashing. (12 hours without a crash)

So the problem is either a corrupt driver that wouldn't go away or something in one of the fast ring builds causing problems. I want to be on the fast ring, but maybe I just need to give up on that for this laptop.

0 Kudos
IUman
Honored Contributor II

I'm glad that is not crashing right now and I hope you can have a better experience from now on.

Are you able to try contacting the developers of the software developers to see if they have heard anything about it and maybe they have some workaround?

0 Kudos