Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Graphics overclock

Prodigy
Beginner
I would like to know how I could get better performance in games and overclock intel uhd
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Prodigy,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. 

In this case, Intel does not recommend overclocking the processor (this includes the graphics part) either we have a tool that only overclocks the Intel GPU. This action can damage the CPU and may void the warranty.

If you would like to proceed and overclock the unit, you may need to check the steps with the computer manufacturer (Asus, HP, Dell, MSI). 

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

And, the OP probably does not have an X or K processor anyway.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
megan3000
Valued Contributor I

"how I could get better performance in games"

there could be many different factors here... it depends on the type of games you have... the requirements may vary a lot from one game to another...

First thing is to check the game's system requirements and the recommended settings they suggest based on the hardware you have...

some games will benefit from a system with "more RAM", while others may require a powerful GPU.

If an online game, network stability, latency, bandwidth, etc must be checked...

For recent/new games, I prefer to install them on SSDs so they perform better...

You can start by joining gaming forums, gaming communities, Discord groups where people discuss topics about "the specific games you are interested in"... and so on...

0 Kudos