Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Graphics settings on profile won't revert to default when trigger application closes and the loaded profile stops.

Josh
Beginner

I have a laptop with Intel HD 4600 and an Nvidia GTX 960m. I have the latest drivers from Intel's website (20.19.15.5058).

I created a new profile called "CSGO", after deleting my previous one that worked fine. It increases my screen's saturation when a game runs (CSGO). The profile loads up fine but my problem is when I close the trigger game.

It now doesn't revert to default graphic settings, i.e. the saturation stays quite high as it's set to my "CSGO" profile. It used to revert to default settings but now it seems that the "current settings" take on whatever settings were loaded with the previously run profile.

I now have to manually revert to default graphic settings after closing the game, whereas before it did it automatically.

I'm not sure what the problem is, as like I said, this has just started to happen, so any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello Josh, Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities. I would like to know if you have tried creating a new profile and replacing the one you currently have? That would be with the same settings of course, in other words, delete the existing profile and create a new one with the same settings. After this, check to see if the trigger is not reverting. Also, I would like to know the last changes made before the profiles began acting up, was there any update made? Did you update the Windows* version to a newer one? Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Josh
Beginner

Hi David.

I have tried creating lots of new profiles to get it to work, but they never do. I delete the profile and try again but the settings never automatically revert to default settings.

As for anything that may have caused it, my memory is a bit foggy so I'm struggling to remember. I think the game I use as a trigger crashed and caused a hard crash for my laptop (Windows crash type: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION). I have reinstalled the game and downloaded the latest Intel drivers since then and already have the latest drivers for everything else.

I don't know what else to do, as I said in my original post, I'm doing the exact same thing and for some reason the "current settings" take on the display settings of the "game" profile (I checked and the game is no longer running in task manager in any capacity).

For reference, the only thing different in my "game" profile is the saturation is raised to 65 in the "display settings" of the Graphics Control Panel.

Kind regards,

Josh.

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello Josh, Thank you for your response. To better assist you with your request, I will need to check some information about your computer. Please follow these steps: 1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R. 2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter. 3. Click on Save All Information (save it in your desktop). 4. Attach the report to this thread. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Josh
Beginner

Sure thing, David. Here it is attached, let me know if it doesn't work for whatever reason.

Kind regards,

Josh.

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello Josh, Thank you for your response. I would like to try re-installing the graphics driver but doing a clean manual installation. Please follow the steps below: 1 - Download the .zip driver from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28163/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-40-?product=81496 2 - Disconnect the computer from the internet.  3 - Go to device manager and check under display adapters. 4 - Right-click on the Intel ® Integrated Graphics, select the option uninstall and keep going until you only have Microsoft's basic display adapter. 5 - Unzip the file you downloaded previously. 6 - Right-click on the Microsoft's basic display adapter and select "Update driver". 7 - Select the option "Browse my computer for driver software. 8 - Select the option "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".  9 - Select the option "Have disk". 10 - Select the option "Browse". 11 - Access the designated location or folder where you unzipped the driver downloaded and access a folder called "Graphics".  12 - Select the setup information file (Typically named either "idglh64" or "igdlh"). 13 - Click on open and then click OK, finally click Next and the drivers will begin to install.  14 - Reboot your computer when the installation is completed. Once this has been completed, go into the graphics control panel and set up a new profile once more. Let me know the outcome to see if the settings revert back when out of the game. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Josh
Beginner

Hi David.

Before I tried following this advice, I kept on creating new profiles, trying to solve the problem with luck. I then encountered a new problem with the profile failing to be triggered by the trigger .exe file at all (tried multiple different .exe files to make sure it wasn't the files fault). I tried your advice to the letter and it unfortunately hasn't worked in fixing my original or new problem.

I feel like I could reinstall my OS but that's my last resort that I don't really want to have to do again (had a problem early last year with my mouse's driver disappearing and failing to be reacquired).

Kind regards,

Josh.

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello Josh, Thank you for your response. I am currently reviewing the report again and the information you have provided so far so we can attempt to fix the issue without the need of re-installing the Operating System. Please allow me some time and I will respond as soon as possible. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello Josh, Thank you for patiently waiting. I have been reviewing the information and even doing some testings here on-site but the issue does not seem to appear with the latest graphics driver. In this case, what I can recommend you to do is to get in contact with the manufacturer of your system, they could have changed something from the graphics control panel since they normally customize the drivers to work with the system. Keep in mind that you also have hybrid graphics which is supported by the system manufacturer as well, the drivers must be installed in a certain way to avoid potential issues so it is recommended to ask them directly for directions on how to install the drivers again. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos