Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20991 Discussions

Graphics vram

Maciej12
Beginner

Can I change dedicated VRAM in graphic Intel Iris Xe Graphics 8135 MB from 128MB to 256MB or more in asus zenbook 14 ? I can't run any game on this laptop.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

There is no "dedicated" vram.  Your vram is allocated from the system memory dynamically. 

Dedicated video memory is useless.  If you want to change it, look in your bios, but it will nave no effect.

Either your games are too old, or there is something wrong with your laptop.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
Maciej12
Beginner

I bought this laptop in this month. I cant even run Heroes VI it shows that "Your graphics card does not meet the minimum requirements for the equipment of the game". On website can you run it shows  that I have VRAM 128MB but I should have 512MB, any other requiements are ok. In bios I can change to only 64MB or 32MB... 

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- ) for Windows. Select all data categories and then have it generate a report. Next, have the tool Save the report to a text file (don't try to use the Submit capability; it doesn't work). Finally, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog below the edit box for the body of your response post, upload and attach this file to the response post.

Or, return the laptop and get a different one.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos