Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21068 Discussions

HD 4600 3 monitors set up

DScam
Beginner

Hi there. I have to make a new computer build for office purpose, no gaming.

I've found this http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033714.htm Graphics Drivers — Configuration 3-Displays FAQ

I'm going to use this motherboard http://pcpartpicker.com/part/gigabyte-motherboard-gah81mhd3 Gigabyte GA-H81M-HD3 with an i5-4440 (HD 4600)

So... will I achieve 3 monitors using the Display Port, DVI and VGA?

I wanted to use Display Port HDMI and VGA but I'm not able to find a cheap monitor with both HDMI and Dsiplay Port...

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Faubricio_G_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us. The display your were planning is correct (DisplayPort+HDMI+VGA). However, the DVI option will not be possible because our processors do not support dual link. So, I recommend you to select another board or try to get the monitor HDMI/DisplayPort.

***Another option came to my mind, it is not a recommendation, it is just something you can research a little bit more, you might consider an DVI active adaptor.***

Best regards,

faugub

0 Kudos
DScam
Beginner

Wait... on that FAQs I read

"What three independent display configurations are supported?

View information for the Intel® Iris™ Pro Graphics 5200, Intel® Iris™ Graphics 5100, and Intel® HD Graphics 5000/4600/4400/4200"

And then

"Three independent displays are supported with most combinations of HDMI*, DVI, VGA, DisplayPort* (DP), Embedded DP (eDP), and Intel® Wireless Display (Intel® WiDi)."

So why is DVI listed in that FAQs if is not compatible? Also there is no sign on that FAQs that tells to use at least an adapter for DVI connection...

I think that guide is not very clear...

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Were you able to get DVI active adapter? Did it work?

The minimum requirement for three monitor configuration is Display Port.

Allan.

0 Kudos