Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20597 Discussions

HD 530 drivers only support OpenGL 1.1?

SScho5
Beginner

Tried the latest drivers form Dell & Intel sites as well as older drivers said to be working on gamer sites to no avail.

Most Intel drivers do not want to install because it is a Dell (also tried the generic drivers)

On Dell drivers OpenGL is not supported past v1.1...HD 530 GPU can support v4.4

PC is a Dell OptiPlex 7040 Core i5 6500T 2.5Ghz

Win 10 64 bit

with Intel driver (the only one I could get to run) win64_154014.4352 I get this with OpenGL viewer

Renderer: GDI Generic

Vendor: Microsoft Corporation

Memory: 1024 MB

Version: 1.1.0

Shading language version: N/A

Are there any 530 drivers that actually supports OpenGL 3.1 or higher , should I go back to win 7 64 bit or am I just wasting my time with Intel graphics?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello, sschoema. Thank you very much for contacting the Intel Communities Team. I will be more than happy to assist you.

Please find on the specifications of the https://ark.intel.com/products/88183/Intel-Core-i5-6500T-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-3_10-GHz Intel® Core™ i5-6500T that the graphics controller of this processor will support OpenGL® up to 4.4. The drivers provided by Intel® should update that on your system unless there is a limitation set by the mainboard. If you have installed the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27650/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-65-?product=88345 4982 version of the drivers provided by Intel® and this has not changed, please get in touch with DELL* Support to double check this information on your system.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
SScho5
Beginner

Thank You Antony,

I have already tried 15.65.5.4982, both the exe and zip file with the have disk method, keep getting an error "Package not supported by processor type"

I'll try Dell support, but I have their latest driver for the HD as well so I'm not very optimistic

Regards

0 Kudos