Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

HD 620 HDMI Problem

idata
Employee

Hello community,

I've recently bought 2 Lenovo laptops with the following spec.

• THINKPAD® E470 20H2S00500 (Intel® Core™ i3-7100U (2.40 GHz), 256GB SSD, 8GB RAM, Intel® HD 620) 
  • THINKPAD® E470 20H2S00700 (Intel® Core™ i7-7500U (2.70 - 3.50 GHz), 256GB SSD, 16GB RAM, Intel® HD 620 + NVIDIA® GeForce™ 940MX 2GB) Both of them are running Win10 Professional.

When trying to connect either one of them to my TV via HDMI, the TV recognizes the laptop but not vice versa. I am able to choose the screen selection modes (Duplicate, Extend,...) but nothing happens upon selection. When I try the "recognize monitor" function in system controls, no other monitor then the laptop screen is found. All drivers are updated to the newest ones available including BIOS updates. It seems as if the HDMI-port is somehow inactive.

Do you know how the fix this?

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,

Rob

49 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello RobMac,

Thank you for contacting Intel® technical support. I will be more than happy to help you.

I understand that you are having issues with a television that is not being properly detected by two laptops with Intel® HD Graphics 620 controllers.

Please, let me know if you are using a splitter, a docking station, or any kind of adapters. Also, please try with another cable and in other ports to see if the issue is replicated.

As an additional step, you can try uninstalling the graphics driver from the system, and doing a manual installation of the latest driver.

Please follow the steps below to uninstall the graphics driver:
  1. On the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R, then type in devmgmt.msc
  2. Expand the Display Adapters section.
  3. Find the Intel® Graphics Driver. The driver can also be called the Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver (Intel® GMA Driver).
  4. Right-click the Intel Graphics Driver and select Uninstall.
  5. Select the check box Delete the driver software for this device.
  6. Reboot the computer after the uninstall process has finished.
Please follow these steps in order to update the graphics driver:
  1. Download the graphics driver ZIP file: https://downloadmirror.intel.com/27266/a08/win64_15600.4849.zip
  2. Unzip the file to a designated location or folder.
  3. Right-click Windows Start icon and open Device Manager.
  4. Click Yes when prompted for permission from User Account Control.
  5. Expand the Display adapters section.
  6. Right-click the Intel® graphics entry and select Update Driver Software.
  7. Click "Browse my computer for driver software".
  8. Click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".
  9. Click "Have Disk".
  10. Click "Browse".
  11. Access the designated location or folder, and access a folder called "Graphics".
  12. Select the file called "igdlh64" or "igdlh".
  13. Click Open, then click OK, and finally click Next. Drivers are now being installed.
  14. Reboot your computer.
Regards,

Xavier A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Xavier,

thank you for your fast answer.

"Please, let me know if you are using a splitter, a docking station, or any kind of adapters. Also, please try with another cable and in other ports to see if the issue is replicated."

I'm not using any of them. The laptops are connected to the TV simply via HDMI-cable. I tried several cabels and several ports on the TV. Even tried another TV. None of the combinations worked. Connecting other devices (e.g. a third laptop, a gaming console, TV sticks, ...) works like a charm in every combination. Only the devices containing a HD 620 won't work, so I'm pretty sure the error is to be found there.

I'll try to manually re-install the driver you suggested - hope it helps. I'll let you know if it worked asap, but as I'm currently on a business trip, it'll take some time until I can give you a feedback.

Best regards and thank you for your support

Rob

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello RobMac,

Thank you for the information provided.

Very well, I will be waiting for your reply after you return for your business trip and you reinstall the driver.

Regards,

Xavier A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Xavier,

I was able to re-install the driver on the past weekend on both machines.

Unfortunately this was not the solution to my problem. The symptoms still stay the same - no external screens are found. There is also no "connection sound" when I plug in the HDMI cable.

Any other ideas?

Best regards and thanks for your support

Rob

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello RobMac,

I do apologize for the inconvenience. Since the generic driver provided by Intel® is not fixing the issue, I would suggest you to try with the driver provided by the system manufacturer. You can download the driver provided by Lenovo™ in the next link: https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/mobiles/r0di211w.exe

Please be aware that the content on that site is not controlled by Intel®. This information is offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel® for the merchants or services offered there.

Regards,

Xavier A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Xavier,

before trying out the Intel driver you suggested in the beginning, I had the latest lenovo driver installed. (via lenovo update-manager)

I don't think that this will fix my problem, but I'll try.

Do you have any other idea?

Best regards

Rob

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello there,

any further ideas?

Thanks and regards

Rob

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello RobMac,

At this point, we will need to replicate the issue in our labs to be able to find a solution for you.

Per procedure to replicate the issue, please follow the next link to find a table. Reply to this post and add that table answering all the requested information.

https://communities.intel.com/thread/77761 https://communities.intel.com/thread/77761

Regards,

Xavier A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello RobMac,

I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further assistance. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back.

Regards,

Xavier A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Xavier,

please excuse the delay of my answer. Find attached the requested information. I started by filling it out for one of the two laptops. I can provide information on the second laptop on the weekend.

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue

When connecting a display via HDMI (TV, monitor, etc.) the display is not recognized and won't show any video. Several drivers, restarts, cables, etc. do not work.

Please place an X to the right of the option showing how often you see this issue using specific steps. (Ex: 'Every few times a game is started it flickers.' <- This would be "Often")<p> 

Always (100%): X

Often (51-99%):

Sporadic (20-50%):

Very Sporadic (<20%):

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

• THINKPAD® E470 20H2S00500 (Intel® Core™ i3-7100U (2.40 GHz), 256GB SSD, 8GB RAM, Intel® HD 620) 

Hybrid or switchable graphics system?

ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

no

Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below). 

LFP = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)

EFP = External Flat Panel (Monitor you plug in)

LFP=internal display

EFP=several monitors/TVs (brand LG)

How much memory [RAM] in the system (see note2 below).

8GB

Provide any other hardware needed to replicate the issue.

ie: Cables&brand, cable type [vga, hdmi, DP, etc], dock, dongles/adapters, etc

TV/monitor, which is capable of HDMI + HDMI-cable. Tried several combinations of brands, none worked

<td style="border: 0px solid black; padding: 0 5.4pt 0 5.4pt; border-right: solid windowtext 1.0pt; border-bot...
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello RobMac,

Thank you for the information. We will be replicating the issue in our labs to be able to look for a solution for you.

Please have in mind that it may take around a week to get a result, but we will contact you to keep you updated.

Regards,

Xavier A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello RobMac,

Thank you for your patience. I did a test in our laboratories, but the issue has not been replicated. The Intel® HD Graphics 620 in our labs was working as expected.

There has been a new release of the driver for this graphics controller, and I also tested the system with this new release, and I had no issues.

I would recommend you try with this new release, which include several bug fixes and compatibility improvements, just to confirm that the issue persists even with this new driver.

Please follow these steps in order to update the graphics driver:
  1. Download the graphics driver ZIP file: https://downloadmirror.intel.com/27355/a08/win64_15.60.01.4877.zip
  2. Unzip the file to a designated location or folder.
  3. Right-click Windows Start icon and open Device Manager.
  4. Click Yes when prompted for permission from User Account Control.
  5. Expand the Display adapters section.
  6. Right-click the Intel® graphics entry and select Update Driver Software.
  7. Click "Browse my computer for driver software".
  8. Click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".
  9. Click "Have Disk".
  10. Click "Browse".
  11. Access the designated location or folder, and access a folder called "Graphics".
  12. Select the file called "igdlh64" or "igdlh".
  13. Click Open, then click OK, and finally click Next. Drivers are now being installed.
  14. Reboot your computer.
And let me know if you have any issues after the installation.

Regards,

Xavier A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Xavier,

thank you for your quick answer. I do not know, if I should be happy, that it worked in your lab or not.

I installed the new release - still no luck,

BUT, and now things are getting interesting, before I installed the new release, I turned on the laptop, connected the HDMI cable and then switched on the TV. I heard the windows sound for a new connected device and was able to dublicate and to extend the monitor to the TV! Happy as I was, I removed the HDMI cable and tried it again - you're probably guessing it by now - it only worked once. 😞

I tried several combinations of TV on/off, rebooting the laptop and so on, but I have not managed to connect it again yet. Does this provide you with any useful further information?

Thanks a lot for your support!

Regards

Rob

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello RobMac,

I am sorry to see that the issue remains with the latest driver. I will be escalation the issue to the next level of support to look for a solution for you. I will keep you updated and reply back as soon as possible.

Regards,

Xavier A.
0 Kudos
MZamb1
Beginner

Hello everyone, I recently bought an Asus UX430UN-GV030T (FHD 1920*1080, CPU i7-8550U (1.80 GHz), 512GB SSD, 16GB RAM, Intel HD 620 GPU + NIVIDIA MX150).

The Intel video driver is updated to ver. 22.20.16.4749. When I connect the notebook via HDMI to a Sony Bravia TV, which has the same FHD resolution, I encounter the same problem reported by others previously: the TV is recognized by the computer, transmits the audio but not the video. The error appears on the TV screen: "Signal not supported Check the output of the connected device". When using the same HDMI cable, connect the notebook to the LG 43UJ620V TV (4K 3840 * 2160 resolution) works perfectly. I've already tried to change the cable, to test all the HDMI ports of the TV, to lower the resolution of the notebook, to reset the TV to factory settings, but without success. It is as if the HDMI port of the notebook communicates the wrong information of a 4K resolution that the TV FHD does not support ... Please help us to solve the problem. Thank
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello RobMac,

Thank you for waiting. The next level of support is still investigating this situation. As per their request, I need to ask you what is the television brand and model so they can further research this situation.

Regards,

Xavier A.
0 Kudos
DEber2
Beginner

Same issues while trying to connect with Sony TV via HDMI and Intel HD620 of my HP BS058NG Notebook. As far as i can see there are no newer Drivers then 22.20.16.4749 as of July 2017 available yet for win 10 64bit (installed).

It must be something with the graphics Card as i can connect other Laptops on my TV.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Dan_The1,

We apologize for any inconvenience. Please submit a new thread since we handle every case individually and every scenario is different even if the same product is being used. The next agent will be able to further assist you on this matter.

Regards,

Xavier A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Xavier,

thank you for your answer and your support!

As mentioned before, none of the connected TVs/Monitors worked, with the exception of the one stated coincidence.

The Screens I used the most are

LG 43LH541V

LG 43UJ635V.

Best regards

Rob

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello RobMac,

Thank you for your reply. I will be adding this information to the report sent to the next of support.

Regards,

Xavier A.
0 Kudos