Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20785 Discussions

HD 620 HDMI Problem

idata
Employee

Hello community,

I've recently bought 2 Lenovo laptops with the following spec.

• THINKPAD® E470 20H2S00500 (Intel® Core™ i3-7100U (2.40 GHz), 256GB SSD, 8GB RAM, Intel® HD 620) 
  • THINKPAD® E470 20H2S00700 (Intel® Core™ i7-7500U (2.70 - 3.50 GHz), 256GB SSD, 16GB RAM, Intel® HD 620 + NVIDIA® GeForce™ 940MX 2GB) Both of them are running Win10 Professional.

When trying to connect either one of them to my TV via HDMI, the TV recognizes the laptop but not vice versa. I am able to choose the screen selection modes (Duplicate, Extend,...) but nothing happens upon selection. When I try the "recognize monitor" function in system controls, no other monitor then the laptop screen is found. All drivers are updated to the newest ones available including BIOS updates. It seems as if the HDMI-port is somehow inactive.

Do you know how the fix this?

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,

Rob

49 Replies
VVuko2
Beginner

I solved my problem today installing Samsung OEM driver for Intel HD620 graphics, found here in other thread, from last year. I didnt check if HDMI is still working on other TVs which case was with newer driver. Thanks a lot to all community.

0 Kudos
TGamr
Beginner

Hi all,

I had the same problem on my Xiaomi Air 13 with Intel HD 620 + nVidia mx150. There was no video on my panasonic TV, the voice worked properly. I have a LG TV at work and everything worked properly on it. The Intel card driver was 22.20.16.16.4749. I have now downloaded the latest version 23.20.16.4901 of 12.18.2017. Link below:

https://downloadmirror.intel.com/27412/a08/win64_15.60.2.4901.zip

Now everything is working properly on both TVs.

0 Kudos
GKALI
Beginner

Same HDMI problem here, I have a Sony Bravia TV and my notebook is a Dell Inspiron 5567. I have tried installing the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/pt-br/download/27266/Graphics-Driver-de-gr-ficos-Intel-para-Windows-15-60- new drivers from Intel but my computer wont recognize it/not compatible.

translation: The installed driver is not validated for this computer. Get the correct driver with the computer's manufacturer.

0 Kudos
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II
0 Kudos
TGamr
Beginner

I had the same thing. First uninstall the previous driver and software from the device manager. Then install new driver and software, it should work properly

0 Kudos
GKALI
Beginner

Yayy my HDMI is fixed! Thanks to @Stefan3D and Intel for updating the drivers

0 Kudos
OLobo
Beginner

Please,

3pcs Lenovo E470

7th Gen

Win10

Second Display. Same problem. Try drivers from Lenovo, help on some days. After last drv from Intel - good, video screen blinking.

If remove all drivers, from MS work fine, second screen work too...

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hello everyone,

I see most users here are reporting that with driver https://downloadmirror.intel.com/27412/a08/win64_15.60.2.4901.zip 15.60.2.4901 they can get their laptops working fine with external displays through HDMI.

You should check your laptop manufacturer's own website for the latest graphics driver that is validated for your system.

The drivers Intel provides on https://downloadcenter.intel.com/ downloadcenter.intel.com are generic drivers that in most cases have not been validated for your branded system (e.g. HP*, Lenovo*, Dell*) and using said drivers may cause you to lose any customization made by your laptop manufacturer.

If you cannot get any external display to work through HDMI using the latest driver that is validated by your laptop manufacturer, I would suggest reporting the issue directly to them first, under the basis that the driver that is validated on their system is not working as expected. Your laptop manufacturer should help you troubleshoot the issue as well.

Intel Customer Support staff can try to help you, but every case is different, so please create a new thread following /thread/77761 this format

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos