Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

HD 630 Resume From Standby Screen Flickering

MJone10
New Contributor I

Hi, I just updated my Kaby Lake i5-7600 HD 630 to latest graphics driver 15.46.2.1.64.4729

After resuming from sleep my screen just flashes and displays vertical lines. I can't see the desktop just the lines and flashing screen.

I have to power off the machine and reboot to get back into windows.

Seems to be an issue with the latest update as previous driver worked ok.

1 Solution
RonaldM_Intel

Hello everyone,

This issue should be fixed with driver https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27355 15.60.01.4877 . Note: Any user with 6th Generation graphics (Skylake) on Windows 7/8.1 please use driver https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27360 15.45.23.4860

If you still see this issue with the aforementioned driver, then I'll suggest creating a new thread using this format (feel free to reference this thread).

Every scenario is different and we could use the new data provided to determine why it is still affecting your system.

I'm locking this thread now since we have been receiving positive feedback on this latest driver.

Thank you all for your patience and assistance in resolving this issue.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
132 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello MartyJones,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, for us to replicate the issue would you please fill out the information at the following link:

/thread/77761 https://communities.intel.com/thread/77761

Regards,

Ivan U
0 Kudos
PBixb
New Contributor I

I am having a similar problem on my 520. Graphics hangs when resuming from sleep. Happens with new 15.46.02.64.4729, does not happen when I revert to 15.45.19.4678.

See my post:

0 Kudos
MJone10
New Contributor I

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue

When waking from sleep screen has vertical lines and flashes. I cannot see desktop just vertical lines. I have to switch off machine to return back to windows.

This issue only occurs with latest driver (15.46.02.64.4729).

Previous driver (15.45.19.4678) works normally.

Please place an X to the right of the option showing how often you see this issue using specific steps. (Ex: 'Every few times a game is started it flickers.' <- This would be "Often")<p> 

Always (100%): 100%

Often (51-99%):

Sporadic (20-50%):

Very Sporadic (<20%):

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

custom made

Hybrid or switchable graphics system?

ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

no

Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below).XXXWHI...

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello MartyJones,

I have tried to replicate this issue today but I did not experience similar problems, I installed the version .4678 and it works normal when I resume from sleep mode as you mentioned and then I upgraded to version .4729, put the system to sleep and when I woke up the system I did not have any issues either, I was able to see the screen with no black screen or vertical lines, everything worked flawless.

Is it possible for you to try with different cable?

Make sure you are using straight connection from the computer to the monitor? By straight connection I mean HDMI from the PC to the HDMI on the monitor.

trueblue did you download this driver from your computer manufacturer website or you download it from the Intel website?

If you downloaded the driver from the Intel website I suggest you to uninstall it and then reinstall it manually, please see how to https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005629.html Manually Install an Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows® 10 and Windows 8*/8.1*

When you uninstall the driver, disconnect the internet, this is to avoid Microsoft to send any update and do not restart the system and then install the driver manually, you can follow the steps from the link above.

You can download the driver zip file here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26941/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-46-?product=98909 Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows* [15.46]

MartyJones you can try manual installation as well and see what will be the result.

Please let me know how it goes.

Best regards,

Ivan U.
0 Kudos
APMichael
New Contributor I

I can confirm this bug, too! After wake up from S3 the screen is full of flickering green lines. Only a hard power off helps.

I tried the manual installation already.

System: ASUS VivoMini UN65, i3-6100U (HDG 520), Windows 10 (x64, 1703)

0 Kudos
MJone10
New Contributor I

I uninstalled as suggested but had to restart after uninstall as i was unable to immediately do a manual reinstall as "display adapters" was was not visible in device manager. After installing the new driver the problem reoccurred.

I have a straight connection from pc to external monitor via hdmi. Everything works with my setup using previous driver, so not sure why it would be my setup as the only thing different is the new driver.

I wonder if this is a problem/conflict with something else? What security software are people using who have this issue?

I have Avast Free antivirus installed.

This is definitely an issue with latest driver version, not due to cables or anything like that, as previous driver works without issue.

0 Kudos
PBixb
New Contributor I

Intel Corporation wrote:

trueblue did you download this driver from your computer manufacturer website or you download it from the Intel website?

If you downloaded the driver from the Intel website I suggest you to uninstall it and then reinstall it manually, please see how to https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005629.html Manually Install an Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows® 10 and Windows 8*/8.1*

When you uninstall the driver, disconnect the internet, this is to avoid Microsoft to send any update and do not restart the system and then install the driver manually, you can follow the steps from the link above.

You can download the driver zip file here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26941/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-46-%3Fproduct%3D98909 Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows* [15.46]

Please let me know how it goes.

Best regards,

Ivan U.

Did I download from my computer manufacturer? You must not be familiar with Lenovo support. They have not updated their "official" graphics driver for this laptop for a year. Nor do I expect any future updates. I've been using generic Intel drivers for a long time.

I had originally installed using the generic Intel .exe file, as I previously disabled Windows Updates for Lenovo's drivers, so the .exe previously installed just fine.

I just uninstalled (including a separate attempt using device uninstall with uninstalling drivers) and reinstalled using the manual .zip. Still have the same problem. Still goes away when I revert to 15.45.

0 Kudos
MJone10
New Contributor I

@trueblue

What security software are you using?

0 Kudos
PBixb
New Contributor I

Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2017, because I believe in doing everything I can to support the Trump/Putin bromance and Russian cyber attacks.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello MartyJones,

We appreciate your time spend on reporting this issue to us, for us to further investigate I will appreciate if you could attach your system information as well.

You can use the Intel SSU (System Support Utility) to gather your system configuration, you can download it here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility:
  • Download Intel® System Support Utility
  • Download the utility
  • Run the exe and select 'Scan'
  • Save and include as an attachment in the Intel Community Forum

DxDiag Instructions:
  • Click on the "Start Menu" -> Type "DxDiag" -> Press "Enter" -> Wait for the DirectX Diagnostic Tool to finish loading
  • In the DirectX Diagnostic Tool, click "Save All Information" -> Save the file DxDiag.txt
  • Include DxDiag.txt as an attachment in the Intel Community Forum

Regards,

Ivan.

0 Kudos
MJone10
New Contributor I
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for the information MartyJones, we will continue our research to solve the issue.

Best regards,

Ivan U.

0 Kudos
JBack4
Beginner

Same thing here with v15.46, on my 530... Hangs after sleep and displays vertical lines. No flashing though.

Using v15.45 until the issue is solved.

0 Kudos
SSimu1
Beginner

I've the same issue too.

I'm using version 22.20.16.4729.

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hello everyone,

First of all, thank you for taking the time to report this to us.

I am currently trying to reproduce this issue... so far without any luck. That is why I'm trying to find out what could be triggering this issue on your systems that is different from mine here.

I have used 1 Kaby Lake (NUC7i5BNH) and 1 Skylake (NUC6i7KYK) with clean installations of Windows 10 RS2 (Creators Update), obviously with 15.46.4729 driver.

Please let me know the following:

1. If you have a laptop, can you reproduce the issue using only the Local Flat Panel (LFP)? how about connecting an external display?

2. What kind of connection you have to the external display? (e.g. DisplayPort-to-DisplayPort, HDMI-to-HDMI, USB-C to DisplayPort)

3. Are you using any kind of adapter or converter?

4. Do you recall enabling/disabling any particular Windows feature? (e.g. Hyper-V).

5. Current Advanced Power Settings, particularly for Sleep, Power buttons and lid, Display and Intel Graphics Settings? See below for reference:

Once again, thanks for any extra info you can provide.

Kindest Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
APMichael
New Contributor I

1. Desktop

2. HDMI-to-DVI

3. No

4. Disabled "Fast Startup" and "Hibernate"

5. Sleep after: 30 Minutes, Allow wake timers: Disabled, Intel Graphics Power Plan: Balanced

System: ASUS VivoMini UN65, i3-6100U (HDG 520), Windows 10 (x64, 1703)

0 Kudos
PBixb
New Contributor I

I am out of town using my traveling computer, my Chromebook, and do not have my primary Lenovo Yoga 900 with me.

But my problem occurs when using only my LFP. I will try a secondary screen early next week and report back. My Windows Pro installation was a clean install (not using Lenovo backup/installation disk, but a true newly formatted SSD using Windows Media Creation Tool with no Lenovo crapware installed), and I have not changed any of the Power Settings from default other than my screen brightness is on highest setting when using both AC and DC, with automatic brightness adjustment disabled. I use no adapters. I have not enabled/disabled any Windows features.

0 Kudos
SSimu1
Beginner

Hi,

I'm experiencing this issue 100%.. it's very annoying.

1. Desktop

2. The flickering is always there with any port (HDMI-Display Port)

3. No

4. No particular setting for Windows 10

5. Intel Graphics Power Plan: Performance

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue

Please place an X to the right of the option showing how often you see this issue using specific steps. (Ex: 'Every few times a game is started it flickers.' <- This would be "Often")<p> 

Always (100%): X

Often (51-99%):

Sporadic (20-50%):

Very Sporadic (<20%):

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

Intel (R) HD Graphics 530 on Asus Z170I Pro Gaming

Hybrid or switchable graphics system?

ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

NO

<sp...

0 Kudos
MJone10
New Contributor I

1 - desktop pc with lcd monitor

2 - hdmi-hdmi

3 - no

4 - no

5 - balanced power plan - default settings

0 Kudos
MPerr11
Beginner

Exact same issue and circumstances here, except on a Yoga 510. See

I have included detailed info, including a video of the issue and all the requested diagnostic outputs, on that thread.

0 Kudos