Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

HD Graphics 4000 - No DisplayAudio Output Device for DisplayPort or HDMI

Eubank__Rick
Beginner

System Setup Information:
System Used: HP EliteBook 8470p
CPU SKU: 3rd Generation Core i5-3340M
GPU SKU: HD4000
Graphics Driver Version: Setup-15.33.47.5059 / Graphics-10.18.10.5059 / DisplayAudio-6.16.00.3154
GOP/VBIOS Version: 2130.0
Operating System: Windows 8.1 Pro
OS Version: NT 6.3.9600

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Connect external display via DisplayPort (or HDMI via passive adapter)
2. Enable output to connected external display
3. Check if DisplayAudio output device is available in Windows Playback Devices

Expected Results:
DisplayAudio device should appear in Windows Playback Devices allowing audio to be sent to connected external display.

Actual Results:
No DisplayAudio device appears in Windows Playback Devices and audio is unable to be sent to connected external display.

Additional Information:
Previous driver versions have been tested and do not resolve the issue.
During installation of the Intel HD Graphics/DisplayAudio drivers, the DisplayAudio device briefly flashes in the Windows Playback Devices window, but disappears before setup completes.
The TV and cables used have been tested with an older laptop (2011 Lenovo ThinkPad T420 w/ Intel HD Graphics 3000) and everything works as expected.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RICKSO
Beginner

Hello,

Does anybody ever found a solution to the HD4000 and Display Audio not working trough the displayporto or HDMI, I have the latest drivers from Intel for the HD4000 and my secondary monitor speakers are never recognized, but the monitor is, I know my adapter cable works because I tried the same setup on another laptop and sound does come out to the monitor, what can I do?

0 Kudos
RICKSO
Beginner

Is there really no solution to this than use the 3,5mm jack along with the DisplayPort?

0 Kudos