Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

HD Graphics 620 Crashes Built-In Monitor

ChiefWah00
Beginner

I have discovered that the Intel HD Graphics 620 driver in my Lenovo IdeaPad 320-15IKB is causing the built-in monitor of the laptop to go to an unresponsive black screen. When I uninstalled the driver and defaulted to the built-in Windows driver it works just fine. But when I reconnect to the internet it automatically installs and runs the Intel driver which blacks out the screen again. 

I am currently working on an external monitor via the HDMI cable without issue but want to use the laptop as...well, a laptop.

I have two questions:

1) Is there another Intel HD driver that is compatible with my PC that will work reliably with the built-in monitor?

2) If there is no solution from question 1, how can I stop Windows from reinstalling the Intel driver every time I connect to the internet? I know I can disable all driver updates but I don't want to do that. I would want to just target this display adapter driver individually.

Thanks in advance!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

I see more problems with LENOVO than any other laptop manufacturer.

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- ) for Windows. Select all data categories and then have it generate a report. Next, have the tool Save the report to a text file (don't try to use the Submit capability; it doesn't work). Finally, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog below the edit box for the body of your response post, upload and attach this file to the response post.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
ChiefWah00
Beginner

Thanks Doc!

I have attached the .txt file after following your instructions. It shows "graphics device driver error code 22" which I've looked up and it appears to have popped up since I have disabled the Intel graphics. 

Anyhow, I hope something in here helps. If not, I can enable the Intel graphics service and try it again.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello ChiefWah00,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.  

We understand you have opened a chat support case with us, and we will continue to help you through that channel now. We will therefore close this community case. Please, keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. 

Thanks for your understanding.  

Best regards

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos