My Aspire E15 laptop , Model E5-575G-53VG, S/N NXGHGAA00164311B537600, has developed a problem as follows:
- when the Intel HD Graphics 620 adapter is enabled, the taskbar on one of my two monitors shows only a few app icons, none of which work. On the other (main) monitor, the task bar doesn't appear at all. Some desktop icons may work, but apps are very slow to start up. A blinking vertical line of black pixels appears intermittently toward the right side of the main monitor.
- if the Intel adapter is disabled, the black line goes away, and the system works again, but with reduced functionality (single monitor only).
I have updated and reinstalled the Intel adapter driver to Version 22.214.171.12494, but saw no change in the problem. Please advise how I can fix this, or if there are any diagnostic tools I can use. Thank you. (I have tried to get help from Acer without success.)
Thank you very much for sharing your issue with the Intel Communities Team, acolby. I will be more than glad to assist you.
In order for me to assist you better, please provide me with a DxDiag* report. Please follow these steps to generate it:
1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R.
2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter.
3. Click on Save All Information (save it in your desktop).
4. Attach the .txt file that was generated. To attach a file, you must click the "Attach" option on the bottom right-hand corner of the response box.
In addition, please share with me an https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics-drivers.html Intel® HD Graphics Report while the two displays are connected. Furthermore, please specify the model of the two monitor and how the connection is being achieved (cables, adapters, ports, etc..).
Thanks for your offer of help, but this issue seems to have resolved itself, at least for now. After several days with the HD Graphics 620 adapter disabled, I re-enabled it to run the diagnostics you requested, and everything seems to be working fine again. If it re-appears, I'll get back to you.
Meanwhile, I'm attaching the two reports you requested, in case you spot anything helpful. The secondary monitor is AOC 1950W, attached by cable to the laptop monitor port. The main monitor is built-in to the laptop. Let me know if you find any indication of what caused this or what I might do if it happens again.