Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

HD Graphics 630: Screen turns black because of a driver issue

GAraú1
Beginner

Hi, I have a problem with a Intel HD Graphics 630. The informations are below:

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue

After the last update of the driver of this card, some applications doesn't work well. I've noticed when I open Microsoft Excel's files, monitor remain with a black screen. I need to restart the monitor to see screen correctly.

Please place an X to the right of the option showing how often you see this issue using specific steps. (Ex: 'Every few times a game is started it flickers.' <- This would be "Often")</span>

Always (100%): X

Often (51-99%):

Sporadic (20-50%):

Very Sporadic (<20%):

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

Dell OptiPlex

Hybrid or switchable graphics system?

ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

no

Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below). 

LFP = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)

<span style="...
0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello araujo.gabriel,

Thank you for joining the Graphics Community. I am sorry to hear you are having issues with that driver.

I checked all the information you posted, and noticed that the driver you are referring to is the version .4627(last four digits), and checking our records this is not the latest one for your graphics controller. So, let's try to update to the latest and check if it addresses this behavior.

Intel® HD Graphics .4849: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27266/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-60-?product=98913 Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows* [15.60] . Use this method for the installation of the driver: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005629/graphics-drivers.html Manually Install an Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows® 10 and Windows...

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/119448 araujo.gabriel,

If you need further assistance let us know.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
Opeens_Suzan
Beginner

Hi Intel,

A serious hardward issue due to a recently released driver update for intel 630 chip on a Medion Akoya P62017, which is automatically update bij microsot update service.

Since last week the screen just turns black.

I will now try to use system restore.

Then install an older driver version.

Could it be that the new driver uses the dvi port instead of the HDMI port?

0 Kudos