Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20948 Discussions

HD2000 Black screen or wrong resolution (1024x768) after hibernating -> PC connected via HDMI to my Samsung TV

idata
Employee

Hello,

I'm using a PC with an ASRock H67M together with an Intel i3-2100T (HD2000).

The PC is connected via HDMI cable to a Denon AVR 1311 and the Denon is

conncected via HDMI to a Samsung TV, which supports FullHD resolution.

Sometimes when I wake up the PC from hibernating, I only get a black screen

or the resolution is set to 1024x768 instead of 1920x1024. When I unplug the

HDMI cable and plug it in again everythings ok again.

I tested the following two driver versions of the HD2000:

Both had the same behavior. I'm running Windows 7 (32bit).

Any ideas what the reason of this behavior could be and how to fix it?

Best regards,

Markus

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

I'm assuming this might be an HTPC application... Do you see this when sitting at the Windows desktop or only when in Media Center (full screen exclusive)? I've seen this happen with a similar system, but only in Media Center. The solution is to not be running Media Center when the system is sleeping or hibernating. At this point, I have my logitech remote set to close media center on "system off" and then I run Media Center when starting the "Watch TV" activity (via Green Button).

IMHO, This pretty much happens with all kinds of video cards (intel, nvidia, amd) and is likely a bug in Media Center.

idata
Employee

Thanks for your answer. Currently I'm reinstalling Windows 7 and I will test it again.

Maybe it works with this fresh installation.

It's always when Media Center is running. I couldn't reproduce it in desktop mode.

Regards,

Markus

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Like I thought... I don't think a fresh install is going to help you any. To me... this issue appears to be a Media Center bug.

You will probably have to do what I did... If you have a Harmony Remote:

1) Use WMC SE device profile for control of your media center w/in the Harmony remote software

2) Change your activity so it sends Alt+F4 to close media center before turning things off

3) Change yoru activity so it sends GreenButton to open media center when turning things on

That way, you're always running the desktop during power on, and Media Center runs clean each time instead of just sitting there during sleep.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

It's definetly a WIndows Media Center Bug.

I got it working by using Media Center Standby Tool. This tool stops media center before hibernating

and restarts it after waking up again. (Black screen)

The second thing I had to do was starting the windows media center display setup while the wrong

resolution was active. -> set Flatscreen as display, HDMI as input and choose the correct resolution 1920x1024

That's it!

0 Kudos