Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

HD4400 dim colour laptop screen in battery mode

WIp
Beginner

Recently I bought a Samsung ATIV Book 9 Plus laptop which comes with Windows 8. It has HD4400 graphics.

When I use the laptop on battery, the colours on the screen appear dim compared to when it was plugged in.

I checked the Power options and disabled the settings in the Samsung apps which could interfere with the display.

Brightness for Battery and Plugged In are set to 50% and adaptive brightness is disabled. I thought it might be

related to the Display Power Saving Technology in the Intel Graphics options so I turned that off but it makes

no difference. Increasing the brightness makes the screen brighter but the colour is still dim.

The colours were fine after I reinstalled the graphics driver. But when the system was restarted, the problem

came back.

Any ideas? Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi nuvolari7,

Based on your description, I recommend you updating the bios in your system and installing the latest driver provided by the computer manufacturer.

0 Kudos
WIp
Beginner

The latest bios and graphics driver are installed on the system. I disabled Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery in Device Manager. This makes the system think it is not running on battery so the colours became ok but the power icon is gone.

0 Kudos
WIp
Beginner

I just tried disabling the graphics driver before shutdown/restart and enabling the graphics driver on startup. This fixes the colour but it is inconvenient to keep doing this.

0 Kudos