Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

HD5500 Graphics card does not have 2560x1080 resolution option

dmonty67
Beginner

I have a Lenovo T450s laptop.  I am using a mini D connection to an external LG ultrawide monitor.    The highest resolution available via device manager (windows 10)  is 1920x1080.    When I try a custom resolution setting of 2560x1080, it says there is not enough bandwidth.     I was using a Lenovo T440s laptop with the same monitor and cable/adaptor.  That laptop has HD4400 and worked just fine.   I have looked through other posts and can not find a resolution (pun intended) to the problem. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello dmonty67, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

So we can better assist you, please provide the following reports (connecting the external monitor): 

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report generated:   

• Open the application, check the "Everything" box, and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".    
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".    
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".    
  • Use the option under the reply window to attach the report to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach).   

2. Provide the Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers, follow this link.  

3. From the PC to the monitor, how is the connection? Please specify: 

• Full model number of the monitor 
  • Graphics ports and cable type's model. I.e. HDMI 1.4, DisplayPort 2.0, etc.  
  • Adapter model (if used) 

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello dmonty67,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello dmonty67,  

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos