Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20811 Discussions

HD6000 3D Blu ray performance issue

JKosi
Novice

Using PowerDVD 15 I am seeing inconsistent playback of 3D blu ray. When I start a 3D movie (TV is a Vizio M801D-A3; 1080p/24Hz; frame-packing), the image may distort frequently and cause an image that appears to almost look like its viewed underwater. Depth of the image is also incorrect for seemingly random parts of the image. If I then pause the movie for a few seconds, or back up to the beginning of the chapter, the issue so far resolves itself, but sometimes it takes a few tries to do so.

This seems like a driver bug. I did not have this issue using PowerDVD 15 with Nvidia graphics on my previous build. Attached is my Intel system profile and dxdiag report if that helps. I'd appreciate any assistance.

JimK

0 Kudos
153 Replies
RCris3
Novice

Are there any updates on this?

Also, has anyone tried the Skull Canyon NUC? The 6i7?

Randy

0 Kudos
ACzot
Beginner

I have a NUC 5i5 and with the Kodi 3D branch and the latest drivers 3D MVC MKVs playback perfectly.

I just got a new NUC6CAYS, 3D just flickers, it even has serious sync problems with my Yamaha AV receiver/LG TV chain (screen goes black and then comes back again). As I was planning to use it as a small server anyway it doesn't bother me, but if I were you I would wait buying one of the new 7th gen NUCs. It looks like the drivers are far from perfect.

0 Kudos
arapa1
Beginner

Hi Bryce,

Any news for a correction ?

Thanks,

Alain

0 Kudos
RVin
Beginner

Hello everyone I came over from the cursor bug problem on HD530 I only discovered accidentally after being annoyed for so long with being unable to watch 3D movies on my Acer VN7 Nitro Black edition laptop. The lag via HDMI is terrible. I have both a passive monitor and an active projector Optoma. When SBS or OU is converted via the monitor or projector the image and sound is flawless. The HD530 is unwatchable and on top of that no longer puts the subtitles in 3D meaning I have 2 sets of displayed subtitles. Anyone a solution? Over at the other discussion people are suggesting all sorts of things but there must be a relation between the cursor bug and the 3D playback

0 Kudos
arapa1
Beginner

Hi Intel,

Still no news for a correction ?

0 Kudos
WSala2
Beginner

Seems not, I thought I had a kinda fix with reclock but after installing the newest drivers from last month its completely borked again. Also I don't think it was ever 'fully' fixed it was like a band aid that made it watchable (to me) although still with minor problems here and there.

I gave up and have bought a cheap PS3 off ebay for my 3d Blurays seems to work much better than this stupid i7 I paid heaps for and no messing about to get it to work as described.

Bryce you really need to get your team to update your products with information that clearly states your "i" processors are NOT able to play 3d blurays as, after more than 2 years of this problem without resolution it is obviously false advertising to say it works.

0 Kudos
RVin
Beginner

Yeah me too I am in the process of setting up a little AMD microATX PC just for that. If it all works well Acer laptop goes back and no more Intel products ever!!! Especially with the new Ryzen processor on the rise I'll wait for the new releases on mobile versions. It is incredible how frustrating is. Especially knowing that my 4 year old laptop with Intel 3rd gen proc was far more capable but I sold it. Could we actually file a class law suit against intel on this?

0 Kudos