Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

HDMI port stopped working after Windows 10 update

rehakmatej
Beginner

Hello, couple of days ago I have received some update of Windows 10 on my laptop HP Probook 450 G6 (Intel UHD Graphics 620, NVidia geForce mx250). After this update, HDMI output stopped working. Windows does not detect connected HDMI monitor. I have tried installing of newest driver from Intel website, but did not help. Then I tried installing latest GPU driver from HP website, this did not help too. I think the problem is in windows update, because before update, HDMI worked properly. I looked into device manager into Intel UHD Graphics 620 properties and I see in events tab there is an error:

Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3EA0&SUBSYS_8538103C&REV_02\3&11583659&2&10 had a problem starting.

Driver Name: oem39.inf
Class Guid: {4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
Service: igfx
Lower Filters:
Upper Filters:
Problem: 0x0
Problem Status: 0xC00000E5

Does anyone have a solution of this probelm? I am very desperate, because i am often using HDMI for presentations and I need to quickly solve this problem.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @rehakmatej 

1. Download the Intel DCH Driver, 27.20.100.8190 Rev.W  from the HP Download Site
  2. Download the NVIDIA Graphics Driver 26.21.14.4318 Rev.F from the HP Download Site
  3. Disconnect the Internet and open the Device Manager, Display Adapters.
  4. Right click on Intel Graphics Driver and then click on "Uninstall" - check the "Remove this device..." option.  Reboot your laptop.
  5. Check in the Device Manager, that you have now Microsoft Basic Graphics Driver instead of the Intel Driver. If, not yet, repeat 4 and 5.
  6. Install the previously downloaded Intel DCH Graphics Driver.
  7. Reconnect the internet and reboot your laptop.
  8. If needed, install the previously downloaded Nvidia Driver.

Leon

0 Kudos
rehakmatej
Beginner

Thank you for suggestion and fast reply. Your procedure did not help. There is still error in Intel UHD Graphics 620 events tab described in my first post. Here are some details from event viewer:

System

-Provider
   [ Name]Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP
   [ Guid]{9c205a39-1250-487d-abd7-e831c6290539}

EventID411

Version0

Level2

Task0

Opcode0

Keywords0x4000000000000000

-TimeCreated
   [ SystemTime]2020-11-14T14:14:37.3021656Z

EventRecordID1669

Correlation

-Execution
   [ ProcessID]4
   [ ThreadID]14044

ChannelMicrosoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration

Computerrehakmatej-PC

-Security
   [ UserID]S-1-5-18
-EventData
  DeviceInstanceIdPCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3EA0&SUBSYS_8538103C&REV_02\3&11583659&2&10
  DriverNameoem39.inf
  ClassGuid{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
  ServiceNameigfx
  LowerFilters 
  UpperFilters 
  Problem0x15
  Status0x0

I think there will be problem in some updated component of Windows 10, not in driver because before update, the HDMI worked properly. Unfortunately I am not able to rollback to previous version, the button in recovery menu is greyed out.

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User
0 Kudos
rehakmatej
Beginner

I have tried to uninstall updates from advanced menu and restore the system using recovery point. Nothing helped.

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello rehakmatej, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

Based on what you are reporting, it first seems that this problem could have been caused by the Windows update. However, due to the fact that a Windows restore does not help, we cannot discard a hardware problem that showed after this update. Please provide the following: 

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report generated:  

• Open the application, check the "Everything" box, and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".   
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".   
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".   
  • Use the option under the reply window to attach the report to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach).  

2. Provide the Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers, follow this link

3. Did you try a different HDMI cable and or a different monitor? Otherwise, have you tried this setup on another system? 

4. You may want to consider checking with your system manufacturer (OEM), as this can be a hardware problem with your HDMI port. The OEM can help you diagnosing this issue. 

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
rehakmatej
Beginner

Thak you for help.

Ad 1) Report attached

Ad 2) Reports attached

Ad 3) I have tested external monitor with used HDMI cable on Raspberry pi and it works. Then I tried to connect TV to my laptop, laptop cannot detect TV, same behavior as at external monitor

Ad 4) I have contacted HP community forum, but not advices provided to me. I read another forums and threads and this problem happens to many users using different laptop brands. But there is no common cause of this problem.

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello rehakmatej,  

Thank you for your reply. 

In this case, due to the fact that you have already tested different driver versions, and even tried a Windows restore; chances are that you have a hardware problem on the HDMI port. 

To rule this out you may want to try reinstalling the Operating System (OS) from scratch, check with Microsoft* for the recommendations: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10startfresh  

If that does not work, then you should contact HP* directly for further assistance.  

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
rehakmatej
Beginner

Thank you for reply.

I have posted my problem on HP forum and there is more users registering same problem.

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello rehakmatej,   

Thanks for the update. 

Please keep in mind that this is not an Intel® related problem. For example if you go to the previous driver that was working before the Windows update you will notice that this mentioned driver will have the same behavior with your OS. We have test our generic drivers up to version 27.20.100.8935 with no HDMI issues in other PCs. 

As you mentioned the OS restore did not fix the issue, and the HP forums have more users reporting this scenario. So you should contact your OEM and/or Microsoft* as the OS update triggered this issue. 

We will proceed to close this inquiry from our side as you should be working with them. If you have any additional questions, please submit a new post as this one will no longer be monitored.

Regards,     

Sebastian M     

0 Kudos