Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

HP 250 G6 - Intel 620 Driver Issue

RWild2
Beginner

HI All,

Hopefully a simple fix. I have a Hp 250 G6 laptop which connects to two Philips 223V monitors that i inherited when starting this job. The screens, Network, USB etc.. connect to the laptop via a Wavlink USB 2.0 docking station. These screen work ok and are better than just having a laptop screen but i seem to have an issue with colours being washed out. If i connect the screen directly to the laptop the colours are better as under Control Panel > Intel Graphics i have the option of changing the RGB to full.

If I try and install the latest driver from Intel i get told that i need to go to the manufacturer but i have the latest version from them.

If anyone can help get the colour and brightness so i don't have to wear sunglasses to work, it would be most appreciated. BTW, i am used to plugging screens in, adjusting the brightness through the screen options and then forgetting about it.

Rich

0 Kudos
8 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello KyotoUK,

I understand that you are currently experiencing color issues with your system.

Regarding this, to better assist you with your request, I will need to check some information about your computer. Please follow these steps:

1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R.

2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter.

3. Click on Save All Information (save it in your desktop).

4. Attach the report to this thread.

Also, I would like to mention that since you are using a dock, that is actually considered as if using an adapter, bear in mind that Intel* does not recommend the use of any kind of adapters. This is because we cannot test all of them, so we cannot guarantee that these are going to work.

Regarding drivers, we supply generic versions of graphics drivers for general purposes. Computer manufacturers can change the features, incorporate customization, or make other changes to the graphics driver software or software packaging. To avoid potential installation incompatibilities, we recommend that you first check with your computer manufacturer and use the driver software provided.

However, if you would like to try our drivers then I would be more than glad to assist you in updating it, however I require the DxDiag that I requested at the beginning please.

Regards,

David V

0 Kudos
RWild2
Beginner

I am currently using the latest display drivers for my laptop from the HP website but Intel have a newer driver that i get an error telling me to go to HP for the drivers during installation.

Please see the dxdiag below,,

0 Kudos
mpune
Beginner

Hello there!

I have been attempting to discuss the drivers for my Intel HD 620 designs card since they are well voer 9 months old. Notwithstanding, Intels claim refreshes don't appear to work since (I expect) HP seemt to have particular drivers for their PCs. Be that as it may I can't discover the drivers on the site notwithstanding hunting down them, they all say my PC isn't qualified for the refresh. Where are they?

Respects,

Mamil pune

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You can find the latest drivers here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/96551 Downloads for Intel® HD Graphics 620

Doc

0 Kudos
RWild2
Beginner

The problem i have is that when i try install those on my HP laptop, i get told i need to go to the manufacturer to get the drivers.

The intel system tray tells me i can install the drivers but it fails with the same message.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Have you tried the manual install method?

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005629/graphics-drivers.html Manually Install an Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows® 10 and...

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005474/graphics-drivers.html Manually Install an Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows 7*

Doc

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Also, I have seen before that the dock may need a driver update. Check here: https://www.wavlink.com/en/service/download wavlink

Doc

0 Kudos
mpune
Beginner

got it,

Thank you so much sir, and thanks for your quickest reply.

0 Kudos