Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

HP Pavilion

marcofloris91
Beginner

Hi,

I have HP Pavilion  I dropped the laptop and I found local online a company where they offer to fix the Laptop for me but they contact me back saying the Graphics card is damaged from the impact and cannot be replaced because it's Integrated with the CPU you cant replace the graphics card?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlHill
Super User

@marcofloris91   Please edit and remove the two links in your post.  They are unnecessary and serve no purpose.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @marcofloris91 

"The Graphics Card is integrated with CPU" probably means that this Graphics Card (GPU) is part of the CPU (CPU and the GPU are packed in one chip package). Therefore in this case you need to replace the CPU, in most cases it is not possible in laptop.  However, in some cases, laptops having additional Graphics Card (separated from the CPU) and than if it is not soldered, it can be replaced. You need to verify what is your case. Check in your laptop specifications and ask in HP Support site.

Leon

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

This is not the first time I have seen a dropped laptop, with the graphics damaged, and found it to be a way to link bait for a repair company and raise their website rankings.  To me, it would be incredible if only the graphics part of the processor were damaged.

Sorry, but I find your post questionable..

AlHill
Super User

@marcofloris91   Please edit and remove the two links in your post.  They are unnecessary and serve no purpose.

0 Kudos
marcofloris91
Beginner
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User
0 Kudos