Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

Hardware acceleration issues with chromium based browser with YouTube and maybe others on UHD620 ?

trsc0
Beginner

Hello, When watching a video on YouTube, with chromium based browser (opera, edge chromium, chrome), the video is smooth, however when scrolling with the video on the screen, there is a lot of stutter, with vp9 and h.264 codecs. Making the browser run on my mx150, resulted on a very smooth experience (tested only on opera, with vp9). On Firefox, everything is smooth with the uhd 620. I tried Dailymotion, it was a lot smoother, but with chrome and opera, it seemed to be a bit of stutter.

My config : i7 8550u (with uhd 620, latest driver)

mx150

16go ram (dual channel)

hardware acceleration enabled (on enabled when possible)

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlHill
Super User

Lots of Chrome problems being reported. Have you contacted Google? Chrome and youtube do belong to Google,

Doc

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Lots of Chrome problems being reported. Have you contacted Google? Chrome and youtube do belong to Google,

Doc

0 Kudos
trsc0
Beginner

hello, I didn't ask to Google yet, i didn't knew who to ask for this. I posted on opera forums. I will try to contact Google and see what they can do.

0 Kudos