Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Hello! The problem after installing the official driver for the Intel ® HD Graphics 630 - the computer does not load or load for a few seconds, then reboots endlessly. Works ONLY with a standard driver from Windows 10.

Alexandr
Beginner

MB: MSI B250M PRO-VDH

Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 795DF 

Cable: VGA

0 Kudos
15 Replies
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello АЛуза,

Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities.

To better assist you with your request, I will need to check some information about your computer. Please follow these steps: 

1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R. 

2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter.

3. Click on Save All Information (save it in your desktop). 

4. Attach the report to this thread. 

What exactly do you mean with official drivers? Are you referring to the drivers you can find in our download center? 

Let me know so I can assist you further.

David V

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Alexandr
Beginner
0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello АЛуза,

Thank you for your response.

While checking the information in the report you provided I found that the build of Windows you are running is quite old, I would strongly suggest to update to the latest build and then you can try our latest graphics drivers.

You can check the link below to download the Windows update tool: 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

After updating, you can proceed with a driver update, you can find the latest one for your graphics adapter in the link below: 

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29058/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers?product=98909

Once this is done, if the issue persists, please attach another DxDiag so I can analyze it and make sure that the O.S was updated properly. 

I hope this helps. 

David V

0 Kudos
Alexandr
Beginner

Hello! Thanks for your time. But I have Windows updated all the time. The problem is that after updating the computer does not start. Therefore, trouble with this situation. I regret that I spent money on the Intel® Core ™ i5-7400, and now I'm suffering. I have never encountered such problems with equipment before. Moreover, the forum has the same problems with exactly the same equipment.

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello АЛуза,

I understand what you say; however, the report you have attached shows that the build you are running is from 2017. I would strongly suggest that you follow the steps I have provided to troubleshoot and attempt to fix this issue.

Let me know once you have followed the steps and if the issue persists, please attach another DxDiag report. 

David V

0 Kudos
Alexandr
Beginner

What is this, a joke? I write, after trying to update Windows from the moment of purchase in 2017, the computer does not boot. For this I appeal. The problem is with the driver

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello АЛуза,

The latest build of Windows should not cause the system to stop booting, I would strongly suggest checking with Microsoft* to make sure the O.S is not corrupted. Another option would be to attempt re-installing the O.S, keep in mind that we always recommend having backups of your information to avoid any data loss. 

I have tested the driver with the latest Windows build and there is no boot issues.

You can also try installing the latest graphics driver provided by the motherboard manufacturer and attempt updating it directly from the device manager, check the link below to download the driver:

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B250M-PRO-VDH#down-driver&Win10%2064

* Please be aware that the content on that site is not controlled by Intel*. This information is offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel* for the merchants or services offered there. * 

Once downloaded, open device manager and look for "Display Adapters", right-click on Intel ® HD Graphics and select "Update". 

I hope this helps.

David V

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

When Windows is stuck, you may reboot in Safe Mode from Command Prompt. The Command Prompt can be reached from Advanced Option Menu. This menu you can reach after booting from Window Installation Media USB:

1.  Boot from your Windows 10 installation USB.
  2.  Select your language preferences and click/tap on Next.
  3.  Click/tap on Repair your computer at the bottom.
  4.  Click/tap on Troubleshoot.
  5.  Click/tap on Advanced options.
  6. Click on Command Prompt
  7. In the Command Prompt write the following command: bcdedit /set {default} safeboot minimal and press enter to execute this command
  8. Close the Command Prompt window by clicking the X in the upper right corner of the Command Prompt window.
  9.  Select Continue and sign in to Windows 
  10. While in Windows, press Windows key + r. Run msconfig
  11. Chose Boot tab and uncheck Safe boot. Reboot your system. 

Leon

Note:

You may try to reach the Advanced Option Menu without using Windows Installation Media (depends if your computer supports this option). After depressing Power ON button, repetadly depress F8 key. After reaching Windows Recovery Environment, continue from paragraph 4 above.

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello АЛуза,

Were you able to check the previous posts?

Let us know if you need more assistance.

David V

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello АЛуза,

Please contact us if you have any additional questions.

David V

0 Kudos
Alexandr
Beginner

The problem is not solved. After installing the driver, the situation is the same. When updating the OS, an error occurs, and the system is restored to its previous state. Thanks for the support. I will continue to look for a solution

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. I actually don't understand what actually is your problem now. In the link you are referencing above the problem is that the screen is going black for 1-2 seconds. This is other Windows version, other problem than you described. In your description you wrote that your computer is continuously rebooting after updating to the latest Intel Graphics Driver. I've given your instruction how to repair your system, to be able boot into Windows.
  2. Is your computer booting now?
  3. If it is difficult for you to describe this problem in English, please use your local language and we will use the translator.

Leon

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello АЛуза,

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let me know if you need more assistance.

David V

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello АЛуза,

Please contact us if you have any additional questions.

David V

0 Kudos