Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20634 Discussions

Hello, my desktop (ASUS Desktop PC G20CB Series) cannot connect to my new monitor via Display Port (MSI Optix MAG27CQ), this is the second monitor of which the display port doesnt work, PLEASE HELP! as i do not know much about computers haha

JTruj7
Beginner

Both monitors worked with HDMI, here are some specs to assist you: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHZ 16 GB of RAM 64-bit operating system x64-based processor

0 Kudos
29 Replies
AlHill
Super User

OK, sorry for all the questions. The photo does not really show what I want. The SSU report indicates you have the latest intel graphics driver. However, the specs of your PC say that you have either nvidia or amd graphics.

Right-click on the start button, select run, and enter DXDIAG. Then attach the results.

Doc

0 Kudos
JTruj7
Beginner

here are the results and i dont mind the questions, i've been dealing with this issue for about a week and im just want to get it fixed already haha

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

OK, you have intel graphics, you are at the latest Intel driver version, and you are at the latest bios for your machine,

At this time, I do not know what the issue is. However, one of the intel support engineers can help, especially with all of the information we have collected.

Sorry I could not help more.

Doc

0 Kudos
JTruj7
Beginner

thanks for helping so far, how do i contact the engineers?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

They will be responding to you in this thread.

Doc

0 Kudos
JTruj7
Beginner

alright, thanks again for helping!

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello JTruj7

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Based on the reports provided it seems that only the Intel® HD Graphics 530 is enabled or working, the Asus website* shows that this PC only has one onboard video port (HDMI). Also, it may come with a discrete video card (NVIDIA® or AMD). Additional video ports (DisplayPort™, DVI, etc.) seem to be only available via the discrete video card added to the system.

Based on the picture you provided, it seems that you are connecting the to the DisplayPort™port on the discrete video card, in this case, we recommend you to check the following with ASUS* support:

1- Check if your system requires to install a driver for the discrete video card. It may be for instance a driver for AMD* or NVIDIA® video card. You may find drivers from Asus website in the below link*:

https://www.asus.com/us/Tower-PCs/ROG-G20CB/HelpDesk_Download/

2- Your system may have a setting in the BIOS to enable the discrete video card or dual graphics operation. I tried to check for this information on the User's Manual* but there are no details. In this case, please check with ASUS* support team if they can provide you more information.

https://www.asus.com/us/Tower-PCs/ROG-G20CB/HelpDesk_Manual/

If the problem persists after checking the previous steps, please provide a Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers with the DisplayPort™ device connected to the system. Please follow the steps on the below link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics-drivers.html

Note: If using Intel® Graphics Command Center, please launch the application and refer to the Support tab at the left side >> System Diagnostic >> click on Generate Report.

Regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third party endorsement of Intel® or any of its products is implied.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello JTruj7

We would like to know if you were able to check our previous post and the suggestions. If you need further assistance, please let us know. 

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello JTruj7

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If the issue persists, we recommend you to check this further with ASUS* support since based on their website, DisplayPort output is only available through a discrete video card from a third-party manufacturer.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos