Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20980 Discussions

Help my screen turns orange after updating

idiot422
Beginner

I updated my graphics driver to try to roll back to Intel Ultra H D 620 because for no reason after my laptop broke and i repaired it since then it is Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.The reason i want to remove is sometimes apps use the other GPU because i have 2 GPU 1 2nd Intel.Even though the Ge force one is the main one since i first bought the laptop 3 years ago its still using the

Intel one which is Microsoft Basic Display Adapter and i don't know how to make my laptop only use the Ge force one.So i tried updating it to Intel Ultra H D 620 again everything got orange and no.

I did not get the orange screen of death only orange screen but it was intel U H D 620 again.

Then i had to re roll back. Please help.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AlHill
Super User

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- ) for Windows. Select all data categories and then have it generate a report. Next, have the tool Save the report to a text file (don't try to use the Submit capability; it doesn't work). Finally, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog below the edit box for the body of your response post, upload and attach this file to the response post.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos