Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20647 Discussions

Help with Saturation setting. It keeps resetting - any ideas to make it stick?

PRobe2
Beginner

Hi All,

I've recently bought a Surface Pro 3 with Intel i5 4400 graphics.

I'm able to access the Intel configuration page after a little tweak, and I'm able to set up the display to my liking under the Colour settings.

All settings are persistent apart from the Saturation setting. After rebooting (certain other events cause it to reset too - games etc) all other settings are applied except Saturation. The odd thing is that the slider is exactly how I set it, however the setting isn't applied. Slightly moving the slider applies the setting instantly.

Is there a way to fix this?

Many Thanks

Paul

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

What is t he driver version you have installed on the computer? Just in case, please attach here the system information report. How to get it?

System Information: Click Start> Type System Information> Click File> Export> Save File> Attach using Advanced Editor Options.

0 Kudos
PRobe2
Beginner

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the response - however i've since fixed this issue.

For anyone else who may come across this issue, here's how to fix it :-

• Fully removed the current Intel Driver from Device Manager and then restarted, it automatically re-installed the default driver so un-installed that and restarted again.
  • I then installed the latest Intel driver using the 'Have disk' method
  • The setting is now sticking - i did however experience the issue again when the Surface Pro overwritten the driver via Windows update - so ensure to turn auto install for updates off so that you can ensure this doesn't re-occur.

Thanks

Paul

0 Kudos
PRobe2
Beginner

Hi Kevin,

• Fully removed the current Intel Driver from Device Manager and then restarted, it automatically re-installed the default driver so un-installed that and restarted again.
  • The setting is now sticking - i did however experience the issue again when the Surface Pro overwritten the driver via Windows update - so ensure to turn auto install for updates off so that you can ensure this doesn't re-occur.

Thanks

Paul

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

What is t he driver version you have installed on the computer? Just in case, please attach here the system information report. How to get it?

System Information: Click Start> Type System Information> Click File> Export> Save File> Attach using Advanced Editor Options.

0 Kudos
PRobe2
Beginner

Hi Kevin,

Thanks

Paul

0 Kudos
PRobe2
Beginner

Hi Kevin,

Thanks

Paul

0 Kudos