Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20590 Discussions

Hi This morning, Intel drivers and support, do an Update concerning a Graphic 530 of my computer. Until that, when the computer wake up of eve, the screen if black. I must restart for find it again. What can Ido ? Thank Alain

AMORV
Beginner

Laptop MSI GS70

Processeur Intel core I7

0 Kudos
4 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

For laptops - especially those that have hybrid graphics (i.e. use both Intel and NVIDIA/AMD graphics engines) - you really shouldn't be using the Intel Driver and Support Utility. Often, drivers are modified by the vendors to handle specific features of their hardware and especially to support switching between which engine is active. When you use the generic drivers in Intel's download center, these are unmodified and this can break features and cause problems with graphics output. Bottom line, you should be using only those drivers that are provided by your laptop vendor.

If, for older laptops like yours, the vendor is not updating the drivers any longer, this is an issue that you need to take up with them. I certainly wouldn't be considering the purchase of new laptops from this vendor if they are in the practice of abandoning their older products.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
AMORV
Beginner

Hello sir,

Thank you for responding to my message although it was very poorly written.

Yes, you are probably right, computer designers using 2 graphics cards, establish operating protocols that are not supported by component manufacturers. It is better not to update these drivers.

I also see in use, changes in brightness and colours of my screen related to switching from one graphics processor to another. But, unless I disable one of these processors, I have not found any other solution to this problem.

Concerning the updates of the drivers, it is the manufacturers like Intel or NVIDIA who come to solicit the users without more explanation on the utility of these updates.

I solved my black screen problem by restoring the registry.

To follow your advice, I will try to find the original drivers of my PC.

Best regards,

A.MORVAN

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You don't want the original drivers; you want​ the latest available from your laptop vendor. Check out their web page for this model.

...S

0 Kudos
RAJU2529
New Contributor III

But I use only latest generic DCH based drivers from Intel and from Nvidia , But I don't get black screen , no crash

Currently I am using intel 25.2.100.6618 DCH WHQL

nvdia 25.21.14.2531 DCH WHQL

0 Kudos