Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20838 Discussions

Hitman DX12 glitches

TNyer
Beginner

Hi!

It seems that the IGP of Skylake systems have some issues with the DX12 codepath of the most recent Hitman game.

I tested Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-6100 CPU (gfx driver - 20.19.15.4463) and Skull Canyon - NUC6i7KYK (gfx driver - 21.20.16.4451).

First of all, sometimes the game refuses to start, I got a Windows pop-up window with the message: HITMAN has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.

If the game starts as expected, one can observe a huge glaring splodge in some specific areas of the game. Other glitch that I found is that for no obvious reason, the game displays rainbow colors all over the place, usually on the floors and walls.

I haven't noticed these glitches with DX11 API.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Bryce__Intel
Employee

Could someone test the latest driver for this issue?

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26404 Download Intel® Graphics Driver [15.45]

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
23 Replies
TNyer
Beginner

Thanks Bryce, the DX12 codepath works fine with this driver!

I noticed that the major version number is bumped up in the driver version string, is this a huge revision?

0 Kudos
Bryce__Intel
Employee

Yes, it's a whole new code branch. Great to hear the fix is confirmed! Thanks, closing this out now.

0 Kudos
TNyer
Beginner

This code branch is quite impressive. I see huge performance uplift across multiple benchmarks that utilize the onboard graphics!

Great job!

0 Kudos