Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20635 Discussions

Hotkeys bugs in latest Intel graphics driver for Windows 8 and 8.1

CL3
Novice

I have recently installed the latest Intel Graphics drivers for Windows 8 and 8.1 x64 and I'm experiencing an annoying bug with global hotkeys.

It looks as though the application registers all the hotkeys even if the hotkeys are disabled.

By default the following hotkeys are registered: Ctrl + Alt + Up, Ctrl + Alt + Down, Ctrl + Alt + Left, Ctrl + Alt + Right. These hotkeys aren't available in any other application on the system (global hotkeys) and the option to enable hotkeys in the UI is turned off (disabled).

Changing the hotkeys to something else will release the hotkeys so it looks as though the driver registers the hotkeys no matter what.

A second issue is that there's a problem with hotkey registration. I tried to register the hotkeys to Ctrl + Shift + Alt + Up, Down, Left, Right and the UI accepted the changes but the hotkeys aren't registered, instead the following hotkeys are registered Ctrl + Shift + Up, Down, Left, Right -> this makes selecting words and the like impossible which is very annoying.

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3520M CPU @ 2.90 GHz

Processor graphics: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000

Driver version: 10.18.10.3496

Video BIOS: 2158.12

23 Replies
APhin
Beginner

Is this going to be fixed for Intel HD Graphics 4000 drivers (Ivy Bridge)?

0 Kudos
SOWMYA_N_Intel
Employee

The fix is provided across all platforms (HSW, BDW and IVB). Are you still seeing the issue on IVB systems?

0 Kudos
APhin
Beginner

I was able to update to the new drivers and it seems to be fixed now!

0 Kudos