Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance and optimization
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
16846 Discussions

How To Fix/Ressolve Abnormal Display After Intel(R) HD Graphics installation..???

Marx_Jay-R
Beginner

Without GMA driver, my PC displays smooth(ish), huge blurred fonts, & it's out of focus (since no GMA Driver installed), resolution is reduced, windows so BIG with little tiles in them, the whole thing hurts my eyes.

So after installation of a GMA driver, everything is smooth, vibrant, colorful, sharp, & suddenly these horizontal (Green, Yellow & Red - mostly Green) lines appear & disappear (flashing if I may) over & over. It's almost as though I am seeing the raw graphic data & how these graphics are made.

Like there are boxes on the login screen where time lies, weird diagonal lines on the GMA Properties window, & transparent images etc. have these dots on the dark/transparent/translucent areas etc., until I open apps like VLC Player, Movies & TV, Windows Media Player, & online players like YouTube, but only in full screen. It diesappears when in full screen even when I'm gaming, but sometimes it flashes here & there with the game graphics torn (or with black dots & other discoloring).

This could just be my hardware but it seizes to exist without driver so could be it, only there is no update anywhere for it. I don't know what is going on. Anyone with an idea?

My Device Specs:

ThinkPad Edge 15/E50

Genuine Intel

Windows 10 Pro 64bit

1809 Build 17763.379

Intel Core i5-560M @ 2.66 GHz

Intel HD Graphics 8.15.10.2990/2993 (26.Nov.2012/3)

SK Hynix 4096 MB (DDR3-1600) - SN:0F5799E6 PN:HMT351S6CFR8C-PB RAM

C Marx C

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Your processor and graphics are not supported on Windows 10.

You need to upgrade to a new(er) laptop/desktop.

Doc

Marx_Jay-R
Beginner

Al.Hill. thanks for the reply.

Maybe, could be.

Even on Windows 8/8.1, same arbnormal display. But on Windows 7, this all goes away when I disable Desktop composition/Windows Aero.

Besides, I had not such a problem before for about a year.

AlHill
Super User

Your processor and graphics are from 2010, and long out of support.

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/49653/intel-core-i5-560m-processor-3m-cache-2-6...

For windows 10, this is simply no support.

Time to upgrade/replace what you have.

Doc