Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

How can i change the dedicated video memory of my intel hd 520

ND_MOOSE
Beginner

I've tried using regedit to change from 128mb to at least 1024 mb and i also set it to 512mb in bios but it still remains in 128mb..Nothing seems to be working

Laptop Is Lenovo e560

core i5 6200U

8gb dddr3l ram

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

First, stop messing around with regedit. Dedicated video memory is a function of the bios and motherboard.

What is important is how much SYSTEM memory can be allocated. For your HD 520, up to 50% of your total system memory will be automatically allocated to graphics.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000020962/graphics-drivers.html

Doc

0 Kudos
ND_MOOSE
Beginner

Thanks.​

I actually checked the link before trying to increase it from regedit. I also set it to 512mb in my bios setup but it's not taking effect in windows. If up .to 50%​ Of my ram can be allocated to graphics then i should have about 4gb of graphics since i have 8gb of ram. But like i said earlier, only 128mb is available for graphics.

Do you know how i can fix the change of the dedicated graphics in bios not​ taking effect in windows?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Dedicated memory is controlled by the motherboard/bios.

System memory is controlled by your HD 520.

If you want to talk about dedicated, I suggest you ask lenovo and/or microsoft.

Doc

0 Kudos