Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

How do I deal with the "Dx12Renderer::waitOnSwapChain Gpu timeout detected" error. My driver 24.20.100.6194 06/20/2018 is crashing and I cant get latest/ better versions for my Hp i5 8th gen laptop

CMars9
Beginner

My Fifa 19 which had been working properly for about 7 months is now having problems; taking too long to launch, black screen on entering a match at times and mostly crashing with a DirectX Error

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Esteban_C_Intel
Employee

Hello CMars9,

Were you able to check the recommendations provided in the previous post? If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Esteban Ch.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

I would suggest to look for driver in HP support site for your laptop, rather than in NUC forum.

Leon

0 Kudos
Esteban_C_Intel
Employee

Hello CMars9,

I would like to know if you need further assistance? If so, could you please run the Intel® System Support Utility for Windows* and share the results with me? You will find the tool at the following link.

Esteban Ch.

0 Kudos
Esteban_C_Intel
Employee

Hello CMars9,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Esteban Ch.

0 Kudos
CMars9
Beginner

Thank you for the review, I am sorry however for the late response to your mail on 4 October, have been offline. I don't know however it is still okay if I submit the report now, I am just going to do so in case you might be willing to pardon me. Please find the report attached below

0 Kudos
Esteban_C_Intel
Employee

Hello CMars9,

Thank you for your response,

Please update your Windows* 10 version to latest (build 18362) and try installing the latest graphics driver available at the following link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29074/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers

Esteban Ch.

0 Kudos
Esteban_C_Intel
Employee

Hello CMars9,

Were you able to check the recommendations provided in the previous post? If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Esteban Ch.

0 Kudos
CMars9
Beginner

Yes I managed to update to Windows 10 Pro Version 1903 OS build 18362.356 but the graphics drivers on the link are not installing, "drivers not validated for this computer" error.

Also that the pc is now slow and lagging.

0 Kudos
Esteban_C_Intel
Employee

Hello CMars9,

Thank you for your response,

I'm not sure why you select my previous reply as best answer maybe it was a typo; anyways, I would like to know if your issue persists, if so please use the following steps to install the latest graphics driver:

1. Download the latest DCH driver and save it on the computer.
  2. Disconnect from the Internet so no new drivers are automatically installed by Windows Update.
  3. Uninstall the driver and the Intel Graphics Control Panel from Control Panel > Programs and Features.
  4. Restart the computer.
  5. Confirm in Device Manager > Video Adapters the controller is listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter' > if not, repeat steps 2 through 4.
  6. If the adapter continues to be listed as ‘Intel HD Graphics’ or similar, and no other Intel Graphics driver is listed under 'Programs and Features' for removal, then it means Windows has switched to a previously installed Legacy driver. At this point we can remove Legacy drivers from Device Manager:
  • 6.1.1 Right-click on 'Intel HD Graphics' or similar, and select 'Uninstall Device'
  • 6.1.2 In the pop-up window make sure 'Delete the driver software for this device' is checked.
  • 6.1.3 Click on 'Uninstall'.
  • 6.1.4 Restart. (Repeat steps 6.1.1 through 6.1.4 until the device gets listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter')
  1. Install the DCH driver that was downloaded on step 1.
  2. Restart the computer.
  3. Reconnect to the Internet.

Esteban Ch.

0 Kudos
CMars9
Beginner

Thank you, this time the drivers installed. However the pc no longer play sound through the HDMI to the monitor but rather uses pc speakers, how can i remedy that. The monitor does not appear under sound playback options,

0 Kudos
Esteban_C_Intel
Employee

Hello CMars9,

Please try to update to this driver; also, make sure you restart the computer when the driver finishes the installation.

If the issue persists please disconnect and reconnect the HDMI® cord.

Esteban Ch.

0 Kudos
CMars9
Beginner

Updating to the latest drivers has solved my initial and biggest problem on the game, thank you very much.

The sound issue on HDMI is persisting even after reinstalling the latest driver version, but it is really a petty thing with regard to my priorities so I am going to content with the situation now. Thank you profoundly

0 Kudos
Esteban_C_Intel
Employee

Hello CMars9,

I'm glad to hear that your initial issue got resolved after the driver update.

We will close this inquiry; but, if you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Esteban Ch.

0 Kudos