Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20671 Discussions

How do I enable the Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 to support dual monitors?

User1585187523032313

I currently have the Acer Aspire TC-710 desktop, which comes with 2 HDMI ports. I am trying to connect two monitors using HDMI to HDMI cables to my PC. However, only one of the HDMI ports is working. I have tried connecting both monitors to the second HDMI port in the PC but neither are connecting. Any help is appreciated!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Use better cables.

Doc

0 Kudos
User1585187523032313

Super unhelpful but thanks for responding!

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Did you bother to try different cables? You would be surprised at how many of these problems are the result of poor quality cables.

But, if you do not want to eliminate that as a posibility, fine.

Doc

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Also, you should not have to enable anything. I would suggest you check your ACER bios for enablement, or to update their bios.

Doc

0 Kudos
User1585187523032313

Apologies! My reply implied that neither the cables nor the monitors is the problem. It's really the second HDMI port on my PC that isn't working at all. I tried last night to update ACER BIOS but didn't get anywhere.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

If the HDMI port is not working, but the PC is otherwise functioning, I doubt the problem is with the graphics or the processor. I would suspect the Acer hardware. Are there the same reports on the same model Acer as you have? If so, then maybe it is a graphics problem. If not, you have a bad apple.

Doc

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Didn't get anywhere because the BIOS update would not install or because you found that you are already on the latest (R01.B1). It's pretty old now, so more likely you have it already.

0 Kudos