Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20622 Discussions

How do I revert to an older driver?

SHigg2479
Beginner

My 11yo bought a refurbished computer to play some games online.  The specs of the computer are better than the minimum requirements to play the games he's interested in.  He went to download fortnite (which does not require a graphics card) and he gets an error that says 'A D3D11-compatible GPU (Feature Level 11.0, Shader Model 5.0) is required to run the engine.'  The computer has an Intel Core i&-2600.  Does anyone know what I have to do to get rid of this error and let him play?  (I am aware that play will not be optimal - he's 11 and just wants to be able to get online with his 'new' pc.  Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.  TIA.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SHigg2479
Beginner

*Intel core i7-2600

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

If you are running Windows 10, there is nothing you can do.  Unless - you have a desktop and can find an older nvidia card that you can install in the desktop.

The only driver for your processor graphics is the microsoft generic driver, which lacks features and performance.

THe real answer to this is to get new(er) hardware that is supported on Windows 10.

0 Kudos