Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

How to decline new software offers?

Scot
Beginner

Daily I keep getting the offer of a new Graphics designer.  I do not want it.  But there doesn't seem to be a way to decline it and stop these unwanted offers.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello Scot

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. Please share more information with us to help you resolve this:

• Which software gives you the notifications?
  • Are your drivers up to date?
  • Please share screenshots of the problem.

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Scot
Beginner
Hi David,

Here is the notification:

Intel® Graphics - Windows® DCH Drivers

Installing this graphics driver from Intel may remove customizations from your computer manufacturer (OEM).

If a newer graphics driver is available from Dell, we recommend you install that driver instead. To learn more about installing an Intel driver on your OEM system, refer to this article. If you encounter any issues with the Intel driver, please report them to us.

I have a Dell, so I assume I should NOT install this Intel graphics driver.  I'm really technologically challenged, so I'm unsure what to do.  I don't know whether Dell has a newer graphics driver or not; I wouldn't know how to find it.  

I get this notification almost every day, and there doesn't seem to be any way to stop it.

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Thanks for the update. Intel generally has newer drivers than Dell, and in this case the software recommending updates appears to be detecting only Intel drivers. We need the name of the software or screenshots / images from the notification to confirm whether it is Intel software or not. If not, you need to contact their support to disable notifications.

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.  

Best regards,  

David G.  

0 Kudos
Scot
Beginner

David G,

Here is the full notification.  Dell tells me my software is up-to-date, so shouldn't I decline this?  How do I do it?

1 software update available

Intel® Graphics – Windows® 10 & Windows 11* DCH Drivers

Installing this graphics driver from Intel may remove customizations from your computer manufacturer (OEM).

If a newer graphics driver is available from Dell, we recommend you install that driver instead. To learn more about installing an Intel driver on your OEM system, refer to this article. If you encounter any issues with the Intel driver, please report them to us.

Dell Inc. Latitude 3500

BIOS
Version
Date
7/7/2021
MOTHERBOARD
Manufacturer
Dell Inc.
Model
07WR86
Version
A00
OPERATING SYSTEM
Edition
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Version (Build)
2009 (10.0.19043)

Devices and Drivers

PROCESSOR

Intel® Core™ i5-8265U CPU @ 1.60GHz

GRAPHICS

Intel® UHD Graphics 620

AUDIO

Intel® Display Audio

Realtek Audio

NETWORKING AND I/O

Intel® Wireless-AC 9560

Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller

Intel® Wireless Bluetooth®

MEMORY

8 GB

STORAGE

WDC WD5000LPLX-75ZNTT0

WD My Book 1140 USB Device

HP HP OfficeJet Pro USB Device

0 Kudos
Scot
Beginner
Hi David,

Thanks for contacting me again.  Yes, I did get the previous post, but I really did not understand it.  I'm not good with technology.  Here is the post:

"Thanks for the update. Intel generally has newer drivers than Dell, and in this case the software recommending updates appears to be detecting only Intel drivers. We need the name of the software or screenshots / images from the notification to confirm whether it is Intel software or not. If not, you need to contact their support to disable notifications."

Here's what confuses me:  How is the "software" detecting Intel drivers?  It doesn't seem (to me) to be detecting anything.  The notification suggests that IF I have a Dell machine, I should be careful because the new Intel software might not work properly.  (That "if" seems to show that it doesn't know whether I have Intel or Dell drivers.)

I pasted in the notification in a previous email here.  I'll have to wait until the notification appears again to see if I can get the name of the software or copy the notification again to send to you.  I do recall that the notification was from Intel and that it wanted to install Intel software.  I checked with Dell; they say my software is up to date.

I'll try to forward the whole notification to you when it appears next.  I just want to stop receiving that notification from Intel.

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

It's good to see that Dell confirmed their drivers and software are up to date, please check this article that might be helpful:

In the transcript you provided, it seems that it could be the Intel® DSA that gives you the notifications, on the article above you have two workarounds:

1. Change the notification settings in Windows® 10.
  2. Uninstall Intel DSA using the uninstaller tool.

Best regards,  

David G.  

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Did you try the previous steps ?  

Let us know if you have any questions.  

Best regards,  

David G.  

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards,  

David G. 

0 Kudos