I have somehow deleted the Intel HD graphics driver from my Lenovo laptop. there is now no display driver and I can't use HDMI among other things.
I have downloaded drivers from the intel website and checked that the drivers match my laptop (windows 10, i3, 64bit) but no matter what i keep getting the same error. I have downloaded the Intel DSA which says all my drivers are up to date, so that's no help. I have gone through the troubleshooting on the intel website but still its not working. Any ideas?
- What is you Laptop model?
- Is your laptop equipped with an additional Graphics Adapter (like NVIDIA or AMD)?
- Please download Intel System Support Utility (SSU).
- Run the SSU System Scan and save the results.
- The file with the results, please attach to your post (use "paper clip").
- After reading the SSU report, I can see that you have some Intel VGA driver installed and there is no other Graphics Adapter Driver installed on your laptop. However, from reading the specification on Lenovo site I see that your laptop is equipped with Nvidia Graphics Adapter. Since you hav not Nvidia driver installed could be the reason for not functioning of the HDMI output.
- This is the Intel Graphics Driver for you to download and install. After installing, reboot your laptop.
- This is the NVIDIA Graphics Driver. Again, after installation, reboot your laptop.
- This is the latest BIOS for your laptop. In my opinion, you should update it also.
- FYI, this is the Lenovo Download Page for your laptop, with all drivers update and supporting software. There is an option for Automatic Update.
Hope this helps
Before you replied, I went into device manager and found the vga driver under "other devices". I then right clicked and auto updated. It updated and i now have a "Display Adapters" option in device manager under which is "Intel (R) HD Graphics Family". The HDMI still didn't work unfortunately so I then tried updating the driver from device manager which said i had the most up to date. Next, I tried downloading the 2 drivers you suggested. The Intel gave me the error message "the driver being installed is not validated for this computer. Please obtain the appropriate driver from the manufacturer...". The NVIDIA Drvier also gives me the error "NVIDIA Installer cannot continue. This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware"
Do you have any more ideas? I really appreciate your help so far.
Open the Lenovo Download Page. From the Manual Update section you can download the latest Bios and update your laptop. There is also Diagnostic utility, which may help you and give additional idea. Finally, open the Automatic Driver Update section, enter SN of you laptop and click Start Scan.