Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance and optimization
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
16839 Discussions

How to fix OpenGL and Shader Model problem?

ORast
Beginner

I have Intel G31 Express Family Chipset Intergrated Graphics.

I have already installed the latest update.

The problem is whenever I run any game which requires OpenGL or Shader Model, it doesn't run. Either it say that it requires a hardware that supports Shader Model 1.1, 2.0, 3.0, etc. or just Crashes.

Even if I run Counter Strike 1.6, it starts, but if I set its video settings to OpenGL, it crashes.

And if I try to run Narnia it give a dialog box saying thisCapture.PNG

but I already have Shader Model 3.0

And if I run Left4Dead2 then it don't shows the gameplay properly

( 2 or 3 Frames per second with no shades & shadows and absent textures in between).

However normal video watching is fine but only below the resolution of 1080p.

All the above cases are with least video performance settings.

But I found another strange thing that if I disable my Video Adapter Driver from here

Capture2.PNG

then the game Narnia Starts but it still gives 2 or 3 FPS.

Please help me I have searched the whole internet and I haven't found any solution to this problem. This place is my last hope...

0 Kudos
1 Reply
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Intel is no longer supporting any of the chipset-based graphics solutions (or the first or second generations of processor-based graphics, for that matter). While Microsoft has compatibility drivers that allow Windows to run on this older hardware, these drivers are provided as-is and no issue resolution is being offered. The only solution to your issues is to get (much) more-modern hardware.

Sorry,

...S